PACTT School -- Feb. Parent Update
Your monthly collection of tidbits, reminders and photos
Progress Reports: Keep an eye on your mailbox / student backpack in the next few days. Quarter 2 progress reports are on their way to you! These DO need to be signed and returned via mail, student backpack, signed PDF, or carrier pigeon - your choice, we just need 'em back. :)
Tied up neatly for you in the rest of this month's update:
* Calendar reminders - Feb. days off, early dismissals, and all that jazz
* Online parent chat - Speech edition!
* Staff news
* Sensory room update
* Lots of pics of your exceptional kiddos!
Have a great month! --Paula
Ask the Speech Therapist!
Here's how it works:
- I'll send out a link to the room, in advance.
- You can pop in and out as you want. Ask questions, or hang out and "listen." It's totally up to you!
We'll be doing a scheduled chat with Jen Westervelt, PACTT's SLP. The chat will take place Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 1 p.m. (CST). Jen will be available to answer any questions you might have regarding language, communication, AAC devices and more.
Once again, I plan to save the Q-and-A, and post the responses on the blog, so everyone can learn from them (without identifying names, of course).
Meanwhile: If you have communication-related questions, that you'd like Jen to answer during the chat, you can send them to me early (email: email@example.com). If you have the question, I'm guessing you're not the only one! Jen will try to answer all the questions that folks send in advance as well -- so if you can't be around for the chat, the answers will still be available later on the blog.
I'll send out a link to the chat room as we get closer to the date. Let me know if you have questions!
p.s. If you're looking for the transcript from our first chat - Ask the Transition Specialist - you can find it HERE.
- Our floating sub, Britta Moe (right), will be leaving us next week to expand her horizons and get some early intervention experience under her belt. We wish her all the best as she continues down her path toward special education certification!
- We have opened the substitute position to internal candidates, and I am happy to say that we have four strong paraprofessionals who have thrown their hats in the ring. Stay tuned ...
- Paraprofessional Shabz Nikravan will also be leaving us this month. Shabz has braved the commute from Naperville to Rogers Park for nearly two years, winning her our "furthest commuter on staff" honor. Shabz has been a strong, consistent, positive addition to the PACTT team, and we will miss her.
- THAT means ... WE'RE HIRING! We are on the search for two kick-butt paras to join our team. If you know folks who might be interested, send them my way!
Don't miss an update!
Click the links above to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
For Remind.Com updates (school closings, early dismissals, etc.) sent to your email or cell phone, go to:remind.com/join/pactt, or text @pactt to 81010.