- ext 5122302
- ext 5122339
- ext 5122305
- ext 5122338
Our first round of World Langauge T-shirts will be ordered at the end of the month. Please visit SchoolPay to make your purchase. All 8th graders will need their shirts for the field trip.
Ways to help your child with the second language acquisition
- ask what they learned in class
- review their vocabulary or class notes with them 5-10 minutes daily.
- listen to music in the target language.
- Watch Television or movies in the target language.
- Speak the target language if possible at home.
- Flashcards with vocabulary
- label items in the house in the target language.
- use free digital platforms like Duolingo for 5 minutes a day.
Spanish 1-is learning and using vocabulary words to talk about family members, words to ask and tell ages, express possession, give dates, and make comparisons.
Spanish 2-is working with the past tense of the verb “to be” and “to go”. They will also be working with verbs that conjugate like the verb “gustar”.
Beginning French- Students are learning about the French subject pronouns with the verb “être” (to be). They are also learning new vocabulary words on the classroom items and how to use descriptive adjectives.
French 1- Students are learning about the French indirect object pronouns and disjunctive pronouns.
French 2- Students are learning about new vocabulary words on parts of the house in French. They will continue with the past tenses and the imperfect with the verb “avoir” ( to have) and the verb “être”(to be).
7th-students are almost at the end of the word classification unit. We are finishing with esdrújulas and sobreesdrújulas. Understanding these classifications will help improve their writing and reading skills in the target language.
AP 8th- students finished the practice of email replies and will continue to work on enriching their reading comprehension skills and writing. We will begin to practice for the Argumentative essays. All in preparation for the AP Spanish Language and Culture test.
Hispanic Country T-shirt and Jersey Day
Hispanic Heritage Celebration
Closing of Hispanic Heritage Month
Madeline Ventura, Matias Parra, Mia Rosario
Mother and Daughter
Sra. Ramos and her daughter Leandria Negrón-Ramos 7th grader
Sr. Rodríguez, Sra Morales, Sra. Ramos, and Mme. Lopez
Dates to remember
Save the Date
- October 29- No school
- November 1st-8th grade WLA chocolate fundraiser
- November 1/4-French appreciation week
- November 12- Academy night @ 6:00
- November 20/28- Thanksgiving break