What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance : 99.46% WOOHOO!!!
**This is part of our BSIP (Building School Improvement Plan). To get our average above 96% for the year** Current percentage for Sweeny YTD 96.27%
Conner received a bus award!
Josh was voted ROAR student of the month by his classmates!
All our students that had 98% attendance or higher for April!!
Mark your Calendar:
- May 7th-- ROAR run--You can register tomorrow at the run!!
- Monday, May 9th-- MAP celebration during their specials time (bounce houses, snow cones, popcorn, dunk tank- with Mr. Lockmiller!!)
- Wednesday, May 11th-- Springfield Greene County Library to visit Sweeny; The last PaPa John's Night!! Use the code: Sweeny for a portion of your total to come back to help our students.
- Thursday, May 12th-- Field Day k-2 morning; 3-5 12:30-2:45 (movie in cafeteria 9-10:30)
- Friday, May 13th-- Lunch on the lawn, last day of school, 1/2 day of school= Dismiss @ 12:20pm
Grill Out Success!!!
Lunch on The Lawn
Friday, May 13th, 11:45am
720 North Main Avenue
If you are planning on eating a school lunch you will need to pre-order!! Also, bring towels or blankets to sit on:)
Middle School Visit
Websites We Like in Class
- Prodigy math practice math while playing online with friends
- Frontrow practice reading and math
- Xtramath practice math facts
- Mobymax has math, science, social studies, and reading
- Scholastic Study Jams science and math videos
- Study Ladder -has videos explaining all the subjects
**These websites would be great to use during the summer months to help keep students sharp and ready for Middle School. They can also use them as resources in 6th grade!!!
End of Year Meal Reminders: Important
- School lunch cannot be charged during May !!!!
- All meal charges should be paid as soon as possible and enough money sent to prepay current meals.
- A complimentary PBJ + Milk for lunch and Whole-Grain Toast + Milk for breakfast is available for students not on free meal benefits who forget their money or a packed lunch from home.
- Parents of students who will not be returning next school year can complete a "Lunch Refund Request" to have any remaining money donated to another student or mailed as a check to their new address. The form can be filled out at the child's school or downloaded from the Food Service Department's website under "Resources", then "Lunch Refund Request". Students positive lunch balances will follow them to the Middle School.
- Balances may be checked online thru your Parent Portal account or contact the Food Service Department at 735-3753 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.