End of the Year Award Forms
Franklin County 4-H News - August 4, 2022
End of Year County 4-H Awards
Make sure you take the opportunity to fill out the appropriate award forms so that you can receive the credit you deserve for all of your accomplishments in 4-H! Here are the awards that are available...
Clover Award Forms (project members only)
These simple award forms are easy to fill out. Just mark off the activities that you've participated in this year, add up your points, and find out if you've qualified for a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Clover Pin Award. It's all online!
Community Service, Leadership, & Public Speaking Awards
(project members only)
Community Service, Leadership, & Public Speaking award details are located on the Clover Award Form. Check off the activities that you've completed on each of these forms to see if you've qualified for one or all of these award pins.
Outstanding 4-H Member of the Year Award (project members only)
This competitive award is only given to a select few in each age category to honor those that have gone above and beyond in their 4-H experiences. Award reviewers compile scores from clover and pin awards, review project and 4-H experiences, and read the short response essays on the online application to select the winners of this award. Only those members who qualify for a Gold Pin and all of the Leadership, Public Speaking, and Community Service pins are eligible to apply for this honor.
Cloverbud Pin Award (Cloverbud members only)
Our youngest members in Kindergarten through second grade can complete this form to receive their Cloverbud Pin Award at the recognition program. New online form this year!
ALL AWARD FORMS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 5, 2022.
We are working diligently to finalize details for the recognition program. Please keep an eye out for more information to be shared soon! Save the Date for October 2, 2022, at the Franklin County Fairgrounds.
Please contact Beth at Boomershine.email@example.com or Rachel at Stoneburner.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Honor Club and Helping Hands Awards
The Helping Hands Community Service Award is an opportunity for 4-H Clubs to share how they have made a difference in their local communities this year.
The Honor Club Award is an opportunity for 4-H Clubs to apply for recognition for completing the 4-H year while going above and beyond the minimum club requirements.
2022 Franklin County 4-H Project Results
Congrats to all of our 4-H members who completed their 4-H projects and exhibited them at the Franklin County Fair!
Results for non-livestock projects are posted on our website, and in the Franklin County 4-H app.
State 4-H Teen Leaders Council Applications Due 8/12
Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) applications for the 2022-23 year are now available and can be found on our website at go.osu.edu/TLC! Current TLC members who wish to continue their service must re-apply.
- Applications and more information about the group can be found online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note: applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation and program fees) are due by Friday, August 12, 2022. Applications require reference and signature from a county 4-H professional. At this point, you'll need to act fast! Don't wait until the last minute. Beth and Rachel plan to take a little vacation time in August.
- The term for selected individuals will be September 1, 2022-August 31, 2023.
- The application process will be handled entirely online this year. The following links will be important to those seeking to apply:
- Application: https://go.osu.edu/TLCapp
- Reference Form Submission: https://go.osu.edu/TLCref
- First-year members: http://go.osu.edu/TLC50
- Subsequent year members: http://go.osu.edu/TLC15
2022 Jr Fair Board Applications - Due August 15
Franklin County Junior Fair Board is now accepting applications for the 2022 Junior Fair Board. EVERYONE, new and returning, must fill out an application this year. Applications are due August 15, 2022. Junior Fair Board meets on the first Tuesday of most months and the first meeting will be on September 6, 2022. Meetings may be held in person or via Zoom.
- Attend meetings (1st Tuesday, monthly)
- Raise financial support to help with awards
- Make cookies for the December fundraiser
- Participate in all Junior Fair Board fundraisers
- Purchase a fair board shirt
- Be on committees that will ultimately work/run the junior fair judgings/shows/activities at the 2023 Franklin County Fair
Franklin County Junior Fair Board Eligibility Requirements
- Board Members: At least 14 years of age as of September 30, or at least a freshman in high school to 18 years old as of the application deadline, and a current member of 4-H, Boy Scouts, and/or Girl Scouts
- Interns: In 7th to 8th grade as of the application deadline and current member of 4-H, Boy Scouts, and/or Girl Scouts
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
New Member Application: go.osu.edu/newmemberapp
Returning Member Application: go.osu.edu/returningmemberapp
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.