HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
Don't miss the "Upcoming Events" section at the end of the newsletter; many important dates are included.
MAP Testing at HMS
Our mission at HMS is to help every student to be their best, and we've been working hard in class to give students the knowledge and skills they need to do well. There are a few things that you can do at home to help support us during testing:
- Talk to your child about doing his or her best while building confidence that he/she has been taught the skills and knowledge to do well
- Make sure students get plenty of sleep before testing
- Eat a good breakfast with protein for the brain to feed on
- Keep your daily activities as routine as possible
- Avoid scheduling conflicts with testing such as doctor and dentist appointments
Thank you for your continuous support of your children and our school.
Bearcats at the Ballpark
Saturday, June 30th, 6:15pm
700 Clark Avenue
St. Louis, MO
Tickets will be available May 7 at the band concert, May 15 at the choir concert, or at the HMS office during school hours through May 16. You can also make arrangements to get tickets with Mrs. Schwartze by calling 573.486.3121 x1205 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student of the Month
The March Student of the Month celebration was once again emceed and coordinated by HMS Student Council Members. In March, we recognized students who display a positive work ethic. A couple of my favorite things said by our student council members about positive work ethic:
- You can use your time wisely and stick to what you said you were going to do. -Melanie
- Positive work ethic means trying your best and not giving up. It is knowing you can do something not thinking you can't. -Sebastian
There were more nominations this month than any month past, which is a testament to how hard HMS students work.
The nominees for March:
Middle Row: Brendan, Aden, Will, Dayton, Ochean, Deanna, Alaina, Quin, Katy, Jillian, Jackson, Dane
Back Row: Rheanna, Jayden, Blaine, Reese, Madison, Sami, Krista, Sydney, Madison, Charlotte, Teri, Bryce
5th Grade- Jayden
6th Grade- Dane
7th Grade- Blaine
8th Grade- Madison
Pictures from around HMS
Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
Please keep in mind a couple of easy ways to raise funds for HMS.
1. Boxtops for Education
2. Shutterfly- start your order at our storefront and 13% of each purchase will be sent to HMS.
Visit our Storefront: hermannmiddleschool.ShutterflyStorefront.com
3. Best Choice UPC's
April 12- 7/8 Grade Track @ Owensville
April 12- Board of Education Meeting, 6:00
April 16- MAP Testing begins, 8:00
April 19- 7/8 Grade Track @Linn
April 25- HMS Student Council Meeting, 3:15- 5:00
April 26-27- Algebra I End of Course Exam
April 26- 7/8 Grade Track @ South Callaway
April 27- Student of the Month Assembly, 2:45
April 28- 7/8 Grade Track @Pacific
May 3- 7/8 Grade Track @ Union
May 4- Special Olympics
May 7-11- Teacher Appreciation Week
May 7- Band Concert
May 8- HMS Honor Society Induction
May 10- School Board Meeting, 6:00
May 11- 8th-Grade Barbeque and Promotion Ceremony Rehearsal
May 11- 8th-Grade Promotion Ceremony, 6:00 p.m.
May 15- 7th and 8th Grade Enrichment Fair, 5:00 p.m.
May 15- Choir Concert, 7:00 p.m.
May 16- Make-Up Day for weather
May 16- 6th Grade Awards, 8:15 a.m.
May 16- 5th Grade Awards, 9:15 a.m.
May 17- Make-Up Day for weather, Last Day of School for students
May 17- 7th and 8th Grade Awards