Franklin Friday News
April 1, 2022
- Q3 Service Hours are posted. (more information below)
- Track Tryouts Monday, April 4 & Tuesday, April 5 (more information below)
- GRADE 3 Reading FSA is this coming Tuesday, April 5 & Wednesday, April 6.*
- Grades 4-8 Writing FSA is this coming Thursday, April 7.*
- Coffee with Admin has been moved to April 20, 2022.
- Spring Pictures have been moved to May 2, 2022.
*PLEASE ENSURE YOUR SCHOLAR HAS A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP AND A PROTEIN-PACKED BREAKFAST FOR TESTING.
THE FULL TESTING SCHEDULE IS BELOW. PLEASE NOTE THE UPDATES IN GREEN.
Track will be held during the month of April ONLY. There will be 3 track meets.
Tryouts will be held Monday, April 4, 2022, and Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 4:00 pm for all interested MYP students. Limited spots are available, and Scholars must have a sports physical to try out. Once on the team, there is an $80 participation fee.
Please reach out to Ms. Hanza or Coach DeFelice for more information.
SERVICE HOURS REMINDER
Quarter 3 service hours have been updated in PowerSchool. If you have not already done so, please complete your application for Service Hours in Raptor. Until you have a Raptor Volunteer record, you will not be able to view service hour opportunities or have their times properly recorded.
COFFEE WITH ADMIN
April 8, 2022 & April 9, 2022
RAINDATES: April 29, 2022 & April 30, 2022
2022-2023 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
APRIL IB ATTRIBUTE OF THE MONTH-KNOWLEDGABLE
The IB Learner profile aims to develop students who are knowledgeable. Students who are knowledgeable explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. In doing so, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
IB students are extraordinarily well prepared for the academic requirements of university coursework.
How can parents help to develop students who are knowledgeable at home?
- Encourage your scholar to be aware of current events by watching the news or reading news articles when appropriate.
- Explore connections between the area of interest and other topics.
- When your scholar asks a question, encourage him/her to seek the answer rather than giving the answer.
- Ask your scholar about what he/she is learning in school and engage in conversations about it.
- Foster areas of interest that your scholar displays though books, outings, and activities.
- "Why do you think that is important to know?"
- "Can you think of anything that's happening today that might be similar to...?"
- "What does that make you think of?"
- "Does that remind you of anything else you've learned?"
GREEN DOT CHALLENGE
Congratulations to all scholars who participated in the GREEN DOT CHALLENGE!
We'll be announcing the top winning classes from grades 3-5 and the top three winning periods in MYP. Who will win the party?
Ask your scholar how many GREEN DOTS they earned.
Did you know, your scholars can continue to practice at home?
Just sign into USA TEST PREP via CLEVER.