NEW: Google Meets Updates
Away To Meet With Staff and Students Remotely!
- take on the spot attendance
- keep records of attendees with date and timestamps
- view student interactions with emojis while you are presenting
- play audio during a presentation for all to see
- split-screen so you can view chat and attendees
- put the screen back together once you have split them
I also have attached a recording from our Virtual Summit on how to utilize Google Meets to make instruction effective and meaningful for staff and students.
Note: Special thanks to our Vice Principal from Paul Robeson Laura Cosentino, who worked with me in the evening hours to test all of these wonderful features for you.
Click On The Links Below To Add Google Extensions If Needed
Watch The Video Below To See How To Use Tab Scissors and Tab Glue
How to use Google Meets with Google Classroom?
"Educators can create a unique Meet link for each class, which is displayed on the Classroom Stream and Classwork pages. The link acts as a dedicated meeting space for each class, making it easy for both teachers and students to join."
What this means is that you can now turn on a feature in your Google Classroom, that will generate a meeting link that you can always use and control. In order for your students to enter into Google Meets created through your Google Classroom, they will have to wait for you to start the meeting. This also means, that when you log out of the meeting, the students will automatically be signed out as well. *However, please be sure that students are logged off before you sign out, this will ensure they do not have access any longer. You can use that generated link from now on, and not have to create a new one each time to meet with the same set of students.
Please watch the video below to get step by step instructions on how to create your own designated link through Google Classroom.
*Note: Please be sure that students are logged off before you sign out, this will ensure that the link is not accessible.
What is Google Meets?
Connects and converts any space to a video meeting with a single click. Simple to use with lots of features to provide access to all. Google Meets can be used to enhance instruction with students with live instructions and check-ins. You can also use this tool to hold departmental or school-wide meetings of a maximum of 250 people.
- Google Meets provides Dial-in phone numbers for every meeting. With G Suite, every meeting automatically includes its own dial-in details. Guests can dial in quickly with just two taps on their smartphone.
- Google Meets also works with G Suite Calendar. Calendar information is available directly within the meeting so you can quickly catch up on the agenda and meeting details
How do I use Google Meets?
Create a new event with a video meeting
- When you add a guest to an event, a video meeting link and dial-in number are added automatically.
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- On the Guests tab, click Add guests and enter the email addresses.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
- Guests receive an email with the event information and a link to the video meeting. Guests can forward the meeting link to other people.
- If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
Note: To manually add a video meeting, click Add conferencing.
How do I copy an existing video meeting from one event to another?
- You can use the same Meet conference details to schedule Calendar events.
- In Calendar, open an event that has a conference call in edit mode.
- Next to Join Hangouts Meet, click the down arrow.
- Next to Meeting ID, click Edit and paste or type an existing Meet URL.
- Click Save.
How do I start a video from meeting?
- If you need a quick answer from a team member, you can start an instant meeting in a web browser.
- If someone sends you a meeting link URL, simply click the link to join the call.
Note: You can send the meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization needs to give them access to the video meeting.
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Join or start a meeting.
- Enter a nickname or leave it blank to start your own meeting. Click Continue.
- Click Join Now.
- To add someone to a meeting, choose an option:
- Click Copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app.
- Click Add people and choose an option:
- Under the Invite section, select a name or enter an email address and click Send invite.
- Under the Call section, enter a phone number and press Call.