Friday Staff Flash
The "A" Team
Many of you voiced a heart for stronger home connections. We are hosting Parent University, aiming to offer two courses this year - one in the fall and one in the spring. Tentative date for our first course is Tuesday, October 6th. Mark your calendars and more information to come.
***Congrats to Abuela Gatica, Grandma Nancy & Happy Birthday Week to Mrs. Kidd***
April Gatica's Grandson
Taven Isaiah Perez
Nancy Oliver's Grandson
Wyatt born this morning at 5:58.
A potential is only a potential until it meets opportunity.
Heads up on stuff!
- No Pep Rally today. Tattoo sales available from 7:30-8 next Friday. Sales final at 8. Pep rally starts at 3:05. Bus riders, depart pep rally first.
- NEU books are here and all should have one! If you do not have one, get with me asap! We read 1st chapter together during PD week. Our first discussion will be over Chapter 2 & 3.
- TPRI (K-3) and Aimsweb (4/5) BOY assessments will be administered next week.
- Initial UIL planning is underway. Mrs. Curry is the Coordinator again. Be on the lookout for UIL information.
- Snack Pack for kids - First bags to go out October 1st. Joanna will be placing items in your box...please read and respond appropriately.
- Next Friday, September 11th, 2nd grade is hosting Grandparent's Day at 2:15.
Click below to watch an example of a completed 1st grade Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP).
- Positive personalized contact with every child you teach (phone call, note home, etcetera) by the end of the 5th week. Remember, they don't care what you know until they know that you care...continue to build relationships!
- Lesson Plans completed by end of day Thursday.
- All back to school forms need to be submitted to appropriate people, now please if you have not already.
- Everyone is to shut down their projector and promethian board during conference/lunch/non-instructional times to help preserve the life of the bulbs and boards.