Sartartia Middle School 11.1.20
Thank you to everyone that participated in Red Ribbon Week! It was so fun to have students and staff rally together for a unified cause. We had a lot of participation in our dress up days as we teamed together to celebrate this year's theme--be happy, be brave, be drug free.
I hope that everyone enjoyed the three-day weekend and that you were able to get some rest, enjoy time with family and loved ones, and that you didn't forget to "fall back" for Daylight Savings. We are ready for another great week of learning online and face to face with our students. As we enter into this season of Thanksgiving, we are thankful for all of our students, families, teachers, and community members. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school!
Sartartia Middle School
7th Grade Football Scrimmage @ Austin High School 5:15pm
8th Grade Football Scrimmage @ Austin High School 6:30pm
Picture Day for Online Students (2:30-7:00pm)
Cross Country Meet #1 @ Baines 4:30 pm
Volleyball Game vs. Thornton MS 5:15pm
Online Student Picture Day 11.03.20
This is just a reminder if you signed up for Online Learners Picture Day on November 3rd at SMS.
- Please turn into the SMS bus ramp driveway and drop your student off at the big gym.
- Please make sure you have completed the Skyward Wellness Screening for the day.
- All students must wear a mask into the building and will have their temperature checked by a wellness monitor.
- Students will enter the building through the big gym. Please remain in your car and wait for your student to take his/her picture and return to your vehicle.
- Parents can purchase pictures online at https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ and use the Picture Day ID: EVTF6NVP6.
*At this time, all time slots have been filled. We will be scheduling another picture day for online learners soon.*
SAVE THE DATE 11.18.20
Platinum Corporate Sponsors
STUDENT OF THE WEEK
SARTARTIA MIDDLE SCHOOL RELAUNCH
Parent Support: Saving Student Work
As Fort Bend ISD students have increased their use of digital platforms, it has become increasingly important that students save and back up their work as a best practice. This best practice is critical to avoid data loss in instances of student schedule changes. The District recommends two methods for students to save and back-up their work: Schoology Portfolios and Microsoft OneDrive.
- Schoology Portfolios can be used as digital storage to save student work or showcase achievements and reflect on what they learn. The table below explains how to create the Schoology Student Portfolio and utilize this feature to save student work.
- Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud-based storage solution that is more secure and accessible than using device storage or flash drive storage. Even if something were to happen to the device, the personal files and folders would still be on OneDrive.
The attached document provides information on how to use the Schoology Portfolio and Microsoft OneDrive to save student work.
SMS Grading Policy Reminders
SMS PTO Jag Cash Drive
Nominate a Teacher of the Month
The new district eBook platform is here! It is located on 1Link and it is called Sora. When you first log-in you will need to choose Fort Bend ISD. Then you are ready to explore! You can also download the Sora app from the app store. The app code is: FBISDTX. Watch a video about Sora HERE.
Library Schoology Course Code: ZCT2-DBDB-CDPHQ
Digital Bookshelf: https://jlg.ipublishcentral.com/bookshelf
The next curbside library book pick-up days for virtual students: Tuesday 11/10 from 12:30-1:30 and Thursday 11/12 from 2:30-3:30. You are welcome to pick up books either day.
There will be another Matchbook informational meeting on Thursday, 11/5 at 4:30 p.m. If your student attended last week’s informational meeting, there is no need to attend this one.
Join the TEAMS meeting here:
SMS Athletic Department Updates
As always, if you have any questions, you can email your student’s counselor directly and we will set up a time to talk to you. Additionally, should your student need to speak with their counselor they can use the request to see the counselor form here:
8TH GRADE - REQUEST FORM
7TH GRADE - REQUEST FORM
6TH GRADE - REQUEST FORM
Thank you so much for everything you are doing for your child. Stay safe and healthy!
We wish you all well during this time.
The SMS Counseling Team
Technology Resource Help
Starting Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020, the Customer Service Center (281-634-1300) and Student Support Call Center’s (281-634-0826) closure time will be changing. Current support hours are from 6:30 am to 7:00 pm. The new support hours are from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday – Friday, closed on scheduled Holidays.
The Technology Resource page on https://www.fortbendisd.com/Page/124794 is available for parents/students to obtain help related to technology. There is helpful information on hot topics like passwords, 1Link, Microsoft Teams etc. You will also find the “Technology Status” section where we post the latest status of technology issues we are aware of.
Grab and Go Meals Available for all Students-Read below for Locations
Fort Bend ISD has received a waiver from the Texas Department of Agriculture. Beginning September 9, Fort Bend ISD will offer free breakfast and lunch meals to all students, regardless of enrollment in FBISD. Meals will be available to student at Grab and Go meals sites, District Learning Centers, and students attending face-to-face learning. As a result of a waiver from the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), this program is set to expire on December 31, 2020. FBISD is strongly encouraging all families to complete a Free & Reduced Meals application at www.schoolcafe.com/fbisd.
Meals are available to any student up to 18 years of age, and special education students regardless of age. Each student can receive only one breakfast and/or lunch meal per day. Please note, there will be no a la carte sales at this time.
Meal times will remain the same, with breakfast being served from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students that pick up breakfast between 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. will continue to receive both breakfast and lunch.
Parents can now pick up meals for students, and must provide one of the following documents:
- Student ID cards
- Individual student report cards
- Attendance record from parent portal of Skyward
- Birth certificate for children
Without one of the listed items above, parents will receive meals for the number of students present with them, on foot or in a vehicle.
Grab and Go Meals will be available at 10 locations, listed below:
- Dulles High School (550 Dulles Ave, Sugar Land, 77478)
- Elkins High School (7007 Knights Ct, Missouri City, 77459)
- Hightower High School (3333 Hurricane Ln., Missouri City, 77459)
- Hodges Bend Middle School (16510 Bissonet St., Houston, 77083)
- Kempner High School (14777 Voss Rd, Sugar Land, 77498)
- McAuliffe Middle School (16650 S Post Oak Rd, Houston, 77053)
- Missouri City Middle School (202 Martin Ln, Missouri City, 77489)
- Ridge Point High School (500 Waters Lake Blvd, Missouri City, 77459)
- Travis High School (11111 Harlem Rd, Richmond, TX 77406)
- Willowridge High School (16301 Chimney Rock Rd., Houston, 77053)
Please continue to check the website and social media for any changes to distribution changes.
Click here for the latest updates on everything you need to know for the 2020-2021 school year
Assistant Principals & Counselors
Paul Wells-Assistant Principal
Courtney Border-Assistant Principal
Dr. Sunday Johnson-Associate Principal
Rachel McCune-Lead Counselor
Click this button if you want to access Jag E-News for previous weeks. We have an archive of all of them on our campus webpage.