Last Day to Turn in Absent/Missing/Late Work
Thursday, May 26th, 2:45pm
Remember to ask three important questions before you leave school: 1. What is my homework? (Written in planner) 2. How do I do my homework (Ask questions before you leave) 3. Do I have all my materials? (Worksheets, papers, books)
Remember to check grades on a regular basis. If you see any missing assignments, please check your binder, desk, backpack and at home- as well as the "Fred File" in homeroom and Mrs. Sacket's room.
-Enter your regular Canvas student user name and password if prompted. -Once you've completed these steps, you will simply login to Canvas and choose this course
Math Office Hours- Mrs. Sacket-Mowers
8:00-8:15am in P-4
No appointment necessary- just be sure to have a topic or question to discuss
Khan Academy- Use Google Chrome for easiest access
After clicking the link and logging in, click your user name at the top right.
Choose "Profile" and go to "Coaches" tab.
Enter code under "add a coach."
Choose Mrs. Sacket-Mowers as your coach: 46GD8J
Student Leadership Team
Friday, Dec. 18th 2015 at 8am
Last Day to Turn in Missing Work
Friday, Feb. 19th, 2:45pm
Open Lab- History Test Review
Wednesday, Dec. 9th 2015 at 12:45pm
Last day to turn in late/missing/absent work
Tuesday, Nov. 10th 2015 at 2:45pm
The Great California Shakeout- Practice Drill
Thursday, Oct. 15th 2015 at 10:15am
- Wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen, hat, etc.
- Bring book to read or something to do (paper/pencil, cards...)
Open Math Lab tomorrow, Thursday 9/17
When: During the recess portion of lunch.
Who should come:
1. Students with questions on decimals (any of the lessons or homework from this week)
2. Students who haven’t been able to login to Khan Academy. They will complete tomorrow’s homework during this time, which is Khan Academy homework.
General Class Information
- Schools Begins 8:15am and Ends at 2:45pm (1:40pm on Wednesdays)
- PE: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays *Please wear PE appropropriate clothing and footwear
- Science Lab: Tuesdays 8:15am *Go directly to science lab with Mrs. Seager and Thursdays
- Music: Mondays and Thursdays
What if I have late work?
While the goal is for all work to be completed and turned in on time- we understand that sometimes things happen “once in a blue moon.” To that end- all students will be issued a “Blue Moon late pass” once per month. To use the blue moon, students MUST complete the missing assignment that night and bring it to school the following school day for full credit. No late penalty is assessed for work with a Blue Moon stapled to the front.
No Blue Moon? Turning in missing work the next day is extremely important to help develop personal responsibility. Late work without a pass will be accepted the next day for a high score of 70%.
What if I check my grades and see a missing assignment in red?
To help prepare for Middle School and develop personal responsibility, a student should write his or her name, number and homeroom teacher's last name on the top of all papers according to classroom format. In the event that a student turns in a paper with no name, there will be a No Name file in homeroom and Mrs. Sacket's room. Students may check the “Fred File” to see if the missing paper is in the no name bin.
What do I do if I am absent?
Ask your parents to call the Attendance line so we know you will not be at school that day. The best thing to do then is to check Canvas as well as with a friend. If you are gone three days or less, please wait until you return to school to collect any classwork or homework. If you are at home sick, we want you to rest and recover without having to worry about classwork and homework!
If you will be gone more than three days, please have your parents send me an e-mail so we can put together a packet of work for you. Absent work will receive full credit.
History Textbook Link
McDougal Little Ancient Civilizations Grade 6:
1. Go to: http://www.classzone.com/eservices
2. At the top of the screen, look for Returning Users
3. Username: irvinestudent
4. Password: student
5. Under eServices You Use, click on World History Ancient Civilizations eEdition (Ancient Civilazation course)
6. Click on the Tab titled Book to see links to each chapter
Science Textbook Link
Glencoe Science Grade 6:
Student Access: (Use Internet Explorer):
2. Click where it says “Click Here to Enter Student Center.”
3. On the left, click on Online Student Edition.
4. Click on the link that says “For online student edition click here.”
5. Complete User Name: FESCCA07 (case sensitive)
6. Complete Password: 61f56c2b (case sensitive)
7. On the left, click on the plus sign in front of Contents in Brief.
8. Click on the Plus Sign in front of Table of Contents.
9. Select the Unit you want to view. Click the plus sign in front of that unit. Then click the plus sign in front of the chapter you want to view. Click the lesson or activity you want to view.
10. You can also click on Page Navigator on the left of the screen. Then, you can select an exact page number that you would like to view.