Child Labor Laws
What Are My Options
- minimum age is 14
- minors 14 and 15 are allowed to work only 3 hours on a school day
- minors 14 and 15 are allowed to work only 8 hours on a non school day
- minors 17 years of age and younger cant work around hazardous occupations
- cant work where alcoholic beverages are sold
- no work before 7:00 a.m.
- no work after 7:00 p.m.
- no work on ordinary school days
Some Good Job Ideas
- House Keeper
- Dog Walking
- Yard/Garden Work
- Garage Sale
Hazardous Working Conditions
Why Should "Children" Need/Want Jobs?
Children need jobs to provide for the ones they need to provide for. Little siblings, older siblings, parents, and grandparents. Children want jobs to provide for their desires. Things like food, clothes, accessories, and future concerns.