"PEEK at PEAK" - Fifth Grade News
March 4, 2014
- Topic Study: We read and took more notes today. Some students also wrote their essential question (guiding question for the independent research topic). A few students started a project.
- Math: We continued to work in our Algebra unit - everyone is working really hard! Each lesson teaches a new algebraic principle.
- Science: We examined articles from consumer report magazines. We looked at how articles are written (types of introductions, criteria, rating scales, visual aides, and recommendations.) Students then brainstormed how to make a product display for our Chocolate Chip Cookie test. This process will show the student how to design their own product test and write their own consumer reports article.
- Today we started our virtual museums. Students wrote plans and selected virtual museum templates.
We reviewed critical thinking words and defintions:
New Apps are where it's at ---
We have learned the following new Technology Applications:
- Evernote ---for Theme Study
- Symbaloo - "PEAK PAD"
- Drop Box
- S'more poster
- Google Docs
- Create a Graph
- Live Binders --- for Topic Study
- Edmodo (review)