BHE Pre-K News
Week of September 28, 2015
Letter from the Teacher
Can you believe the end of the first Six Weeks is just around the corner? We have been busy here at school learning the rules and routines. As we continue to add new skills each week it is important to continue reviewing those skills we have already covered. Please continue to help your child recognize and practice writing their name, review letters/sounds, and basic counting skills (1-30).
Thank you to all of the parents who sent apples for Johnny Appleseed Day last Friday. We had fun making hats, counting, sorting, graphing, and of course tasting a variety of apples. Yum!
Thank you to the parents who came out to BHE Curriculum Night last Thursday to learn more about what we will be teaching in Pre-K this year. I know we covered a lot in a short amount of time so if you would like to reread the information or access the links in the presentation you can find it below.
Remember to take a look at the October events listed below. We have some fun things coming up you will not want to miss out☺
Thanks again for your continued support.
If you were unable to attend or just want to review the information again please check out the link above to find the Pre-k power point presentation used during curriculum night.
If you attended BHE Curriculum Night last week please take a few minutes to fill out the survey below and let us know what you think.
October 5th- WSISD Mad Scientist Night 6-7:30
October 7th- Pink Out & Jeans for Breast Cancer Awareness
October 12th- Holiday
October 13th- Staff Development/ No School for Students
October 15th- PTA $1 Dress Day- Free Dress
October 26th-30th- Red Ribbon Week
- Monday: Mustache Monday/”I Mustache You Not to Do Drugs”: wear a mustache to school
- Tuesday: “Cowboy and Cowgirl Up to Drugs”: wear western clothes to school (be sure to bring tennis shoes for PE)
- Wednesday: “My Future Is Too Bright to Do Drugs!”: wear your favorite college shirt and sunglasses
- Thursday: “Lei Off Drugs!”: wear Hawaiian clothes to school
- Friday: “Let’s Show Good Character and Book Character By Being Drug-Free!”: dress as your favorite storybook character
Look What We're Learning
This week we will learn about:
Unit 1: All About Pre-k
Letter of the Week: Tt
High Frequency Word: Dad
Math: Shape-Triangle, Color Brown
Social Studies: Following Directions and Sharing