Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021
ROTARY IN MOTION, which is Saturday and based at the Rotary Pavilion at Charter Oak Park, is a community bike ride with music and food and more. We have details below but first welcome you to learn about two valuable voices that, quite coincidentally, were heard on Monday night:
Race and Equity Work
News and Notes
- COVID cases are tracked on the district website, which also has the latest on what's being done to keep students and staff safe.
- Want to support the MHS Class of '22? You can buy mums and support Project Graduation. Click for details.
- The MHS volleyball team is selling Red Hawk gear as a fundraiser.
- Buy maple syrup and support MHS hockey players: Click here for details
The Manchester Women's Club and the Manchester Recreation Department are teaming up to spread a little positivity around town this fall by offering lawn signs with different positive messages for the people to display. Signs are free but there’s a suggested $10 per sign donation and you can learn more here.
The Week Ahead
Thursday, Sep. 30
Friday, Oct. 1
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. -- October Synchronicity: The Art of Being in Tune with Nature, an art exhibit opening at WORK_SPACE
Saturday, Oct. 2
8 a.m. - noon -- MACC Manchester Farmers Market at Forest St. parking lot.
9 a.m. -- Basic Life Support Class at MFD, 75 Center St.
9 a.m. - noon -- Knights of Columbus food drive at St. James parking lot.
7 p.m. -- Wild Taxi: A tribute concert to Yusuf/Cat Stevens and Harry Chapin at Cheney Hall.
Sunday, Oct. 3
9 a.m. - 2 p.m. -- Army & Navy Club Vendor/Craft Sale, 1090 Main St.
Monday, Oct. 4
6:30 p.m. -- Grief Share at Manchester Church of Christ, 595 Tolland Tpke.
7 - 8 p.m. -- World-Wide Lighthouse Missions bottle and can drive at 723 Main St.
6:30 p.m. -- Goza Latin Band at Whiton Memorial Library.
Tuesday, Oct. 5
7 p.m -- BoD Meeting at Lincoln Center.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
4:30 - 7:30 p.m. -- The last Northwest Park Farmer’s Market of the season.
YSB From A to Z
- Boys To Men
- Wednesday after-school discussion groups
- PFLAG meetings to advancing equality and full societal affirmation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people
At The Library
Also of Note
Lutz Children's Museum staff member Alexa Sweeney is headed for a dream job at Yale University as an Animal Technician and Manchester Patch has the story.
- The Elks have an essay contest asking students what it means to love your country. Click for details.
- WORK_SPACE has a bunch of fun stuff going on in October and beyond.
- Click here for the latest Manchester Matters.
- The latest Manchester Historical Society newsletter is here.
- The town is offering a special deal on compost bins and rain barrels. Click for info.