Alta Medical Billing
October News.....For Your Information!!
- User is able to verify by service type codes other than physical medicine. They can look up DME benefits using code 12 and office visits using code 98
- When wanting to know updated deductible accumulations, use Zirmed. It's the fastest and most accurate way to determine what has accumulated on the patient's account.
- Quote of benefits is never a guarantee of coverage. Look at the ledger to see how insurance is processing the claims. This will tell you what insurance is holding the patient responsible for, per procedure line.
FOR 1RST HEALTH OFFICES ONLY....
Recruiting and Staffing
- On average, more than 20% of your patients will have at least a $5000 deductible
- 65% of all patient debt is the result of insured patients, not uninsured patients
- The chances of collecting on a patient decreases by at least 40% as soon as they leave your office
- Time of service collection techniques include, but are not limited to; copays, coinsurances, projected deductibles, and collecting past due balances
- In order to optimize your opportunity for time of service collection, we suggest implementing a structured check-out process for your patients, as opposed to allowing patients to "show themselves to the door". By formalizing your check-out process, you are creating an additional opportunity to collect before the patient leaves the building.