Graduate Student Newsletter
Welcome / Welcome Back, Graduate Students!
We hope you are energized to start this new academic year. This newsletter is designed to connect you with services, programs, and with opportunities to meet and network with other graduate students. Even if you studied here as an undergrad, WELCOME to graduate school!
We as graduate students are an important part of the Loyola community. Read on about several groups that are looking for graduate representatives. Also, mark your calendar for our apple picking event coming in early October.
Your Graduate Student Organization
- promoting campus resources
- increasing publicity of graduate student events and services
- providing concise information
- planning occasional events
We are giving away decals which can be applied to a windshield or window with the image above, displaying the Loyola and GSO logo. Would you like one? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DECAL, and we can arrange to get you one! (While supplies last)
Let's Go Apple Picking!
Join Us for a Bushel of Fun at Shaw Orchards!
Celebrate the fall season by getting outside and picking some apples (maybe pumpkins too). Meet up at Shaw Orchards, and meet some other graduate students too.
Join us on Saturday, October 8 at 1:00pm. RSVPs not required, but appreciated by emailing your name and number of guests to email@example.com.
For more details, visit our GSO events site at www.loyola.edu/gradfriday
- Graduate Representative, Loyola Conference: Represent graduate students among senior leadership at the university. Meets alternate Tuesdays, 12:15-1:30pm
- Graduate Student Organization Programming Board: Plan / organize graduate student events with us! (Meet 1x/month, or when you are available)
- Graduate Student Representative, Sustainability Committee: Builds a culture of environmental sustainability at the university. Four meetings this semester, occurring Mondays @ 11am.
For more information on these opportunities, contact Mark Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shout-out to our Online Classmates
A Graduate Planner is Waiting for You
You can find them in the student lounge at the Timonium Graduate Center, the Graduate Work Room in the Fernandez Center Room 031, or you can use this link to request pickup at the Evergreen campus, or for delivery to your classroom! An online version of the 179-page planner can also be found here.