Jean Massieu Academy
Re-Opening School Update and Information, June 25, 2020
Dear Valued JMA Parents and Guardians,
As you already know this is an uncertain time for all of us during this COVID-19 health crisis. However, with that said we at Jean Massieu Academy are working hard at planning for the upcoming school year for your children.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has been advising and giving guidance to all school districts and open enrollment charter schools in the state of Texas. We are taking the guidance and currently organizing and drafting JMA plans to re-open our campus for the first day of instruction for all of our students on August 17 , 2020.
We do not have the plans finalized at this point but here are a few things we are currently planning and working on:
· Students will be encourage to attend school on campus from 7:30-3:00 daily- M-F with social distancing and extra health pre-cautions put into place such as: masks for all students and faculty, sanitizing stations, restructure of classroom arrangements, restructure of breakfast/ lunch procedures, limited visitors on campus, temperature check ins at arrival to school, deep cleaning of school throughout the school day and sanitizing, etc. with additional guidance from the CDC (Center for Disease Control)
· JMA will provide opportunities for students to learn remotely from home with distance learning plans in place if parent chooses. Remote/ distance learning will be re-assessed every 9 weeks
· JMA will build in “extended breaks” from November to January to current school year calendar, putting scheduled remote/distance learning plans into place through flu and cold seasons or additional COVID-19 outbreaks
· There will be limited school bus transportation with reduced bus routes
· Adjustment to school start time to 7:30 am to allow for additional instructional time to meet state minimum standards due to future mandatory COVID-19 closures
The above changes and tentative plans will be finalized in the coming weeks before the first day of instruction on August 17th. Please understand these plans are a work in progress and are subject to change at any time.
If you have additional questions you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will also be giving more information to JMA parents as plans are finalized. Please know we are putting your children’s safety, health and educational needs as our number one priority.
Thank you for your continued support.
Monica Fox, M.Ed.
Jean Massieu Academy