August 29, 2018
Wow! That's a LOT of great information!
The Vanguard Leadership Team
Check out this FANTASTIC Opportunity to Learn about Coaching!
Session Description: Participants will review The FCS Coaching Framework to understand the FCS mission, vision, goals, theory of action and logic model. You will learn how to implement the first part of the FCS Coaching Cycle including pre-conference, and observation techniques and coaching actions. Coaches will learn the components of trust to build positive relationships with teachers to enroll them to commit to coaching. You will also learn and experience possible coaching actions, the 6 steps of effective feedback, as well as plan for and implement the Post-Reflection Conference.
If you are interested in participating in the course just follow these easy steps:
- Read the Coaching Essentials Participant Outline for a detailed description of the course objectives and activities.
- Talk to your principal and get permission to attend.
- Complete the Coaching Essentials Interest Form below by Monday, September 10th.
- You will be notified via email as we schedule people into cohorts for the course (see dates below).
Note: The Instructional Technology Department will pay for your substitute.
New Member Applications Opening Next Week
The new member application window will be open September 4-14. We will send out an email on Tuesday with the link to the application. In the meantime, if your school team has fewer than 4 members, please spread the word and talk to prospective members who you think would be great for our team. Below is some additional information you can share with people about what the application will require.
Directions to Share with Prospective Applicants
Create a 2-3 minute product (video, Sway, PowerPoint, presentation, etc.) that answers the following questions and expresses how you embody Vanguard's four pillars (TIMS: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, and Support). Have fun and be creative!
- Why do you want to join Vanguard?
- Describe how you have incorporated technology in innovative ways into instruction.
- How have you impacted the learning of your colleagues? Has your reach extended beyond the four walls of your classroom to mentor and support other teachers?
- If you become a Vanguardian, how do you hope it will impact your current role over the next 12 months?
You must include artifacts/evidence and integrate them into your product. For example, you might edit pictures or documents into a video, but cannot create a video and then upload or email your artifacts separately. Your product should be available online (cloud hosted, on YouTube, etc.), so that all we need to access it is the web address you will give us below. Please ensure that we will have the necessary permissions to view your submission.
Vanguard Points Update
GaETC 2018 Registration is Now Available
Calling all Vanguard Members!
GaETC is a 3-day event, November 7-9, 2018 at the Georgia International Convention Center (2000 Convention Center Concourse; College Park, GA 30337).
As a member of Vanguard, your attendance and your substitute is paid for by the Instructional Technology department!
You can attend 3 days, 2 days or 1 day. All you need to do is follow these 3 easy steps:
- Discuss with your Principal.
- Secure your Sub
- Register for GaETC before Oct. 13th, 2018!
Chris Olateru will communicate with your school bookkeeper concerning the substitute reimbursement.
Fulton County Vanguard Members have been assigned the Group Code FCVAN350. You must register to attend the conference no later than Oct. 13 so that you will receive your name badge by mail and expedite your check-in onsite. We must have a completed registration for each person attending the conference.
Please note: Any registrations already assigned DO NOT have to be re-submitted unless a substitution is needed.
How to Register:
Register @ www.gaetc.org
- REGISTER NOW
- ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Enter your email address. SUBMIT Register myself for this event.
- If you are in the system, your information from last year will populate – make necessary updates.
- If you are NOT in the system, complete the ‘New Registrant” page
- Registration Options, select ‘I have a Pre-Paid Group Code’
- As you complete the form, there is a box - ‘Please select a conference registration type or code’, select FCVAN350 – Full Conference
- If you register for Pre-Conference Workshops, you are responsible for the cost of the workshop
- Payment Options, select ‘Pre-Paid Group Code’
You will receive a confirmation email once registration is complete, and your name badge will be mailed to you after Oct. 25th.
GaETC is Accepting Applications for the 2018 Innovation Grants!
Who: The opportunity to apply for an Innovation Grant is open to all Georgia teachers, media specialists, counselors, or any combination of persons within a school setting.
What: A maximum of $10,000 in Innovation Grants will be awarded, with each individual grant not to exceed $2,500.
When: The deadline to apply for grants is September 15, 2018.
For Additional Details Visit: https://www.gaetc.org/domain/188
Upcoming Professional Development
Need Support? Help is just a click away!
Vanguard Leadership is working hard to plan a calendar of meaningful professional development opportunities for Vanguard members. If there is instructional technology related professional development that you would like to have at your school, please contact Mindy Ramon for support. We have resources available to provide training at schools for district provided technology such as SAFARI Montage, Office 365, Seesaw, Edgenuity, and more. You may also be interested in accessing the Instructional Technology Training site, which has a wealth of information about each of the resources the district provides.
High Quality Professional Learning
Vanguard Leadership Team
Fulton County Vanguard Team
Vision: Through building colaborative relationships and supporting student focused learning, the Vanguard Team will positively impact student achievement.
Pillars: Transform, Innovate, Mentor, & Support (TIMS)