School Social Work Monthly
411 from your friendly neighborhood social worker!
Youtube is your friend!
- Jack Hartmann https://www.youtube.com/user/JackHartmann
- Buckalope Elementary https://www.youtube.com/user/buckalopeelementary
- The Learning Station https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLearningStation
- Have Fun Teaching https://www.youtube.com/user/havefunteaching
- The GrammarHeads https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGrammarheads
- Kids Educ https://www.youtube.com/user/KidsEduc
- Appuseries https://www.youtube.com/user/APPUSERIES
- David Lee EdTech (Using minecraft in education!) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyk4fLjIwR-rdRyAnV8CjNItvMI91wnm
The First Law of Thermodynamics
Challenge your students and yourself to look on the brightside. Be aware of positive and negative statements and find ways to turn a negative thought into a positive one.
i.e. "Aw man, it's raining again!? I am SO sick of this rain!" VS. "At least I'm getting a free carwash!"
A good mood definitely makes the day go by faster :)
Check out this link filled with a variety of options for your students to use!
Music for transitions
i.e. "Mission Impossible" for cleaning up the classroom at the end of the day
You can also download the "Class Cues" App for FREE! This app helps you identify transition times and specify songs you'd like to play for each, with the touch of a button!
Answer questions with questions
i.e. Student: "What do we do next?"
Teacher: "What do you think you do next?"
"I myself am comprised entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."
-- Augusten Burroughs
Sometimes kids say the darndest things. And sometimes adults stick their foot in their mouth. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one expects you to be anything other than human.
Too Noisy App
"I'm done!" Jar
Call me, maybe.