HFRCS Newsletter Back-to-School
September 6, 2022 - Vol.2 Issue 2
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are very excited to welcome back our students in grades 1-8 tomorrow! Right now, it looks like the weather may not be our friend in the morning, if so, our opening prayers and backpack blessings will need to take place indoors in the Large Hall. If you plan to join us, please drop off your student first, and then go around and park in the church lot. You may enter school via the ramp.
Our Family Handbook has been updated for the 2022-2023 school year. You may refer to it in this newsletter. All changes have been noted in the revision history, which can be found on the last page of the Handbook.
This week, your child will be bringing home a folder filled with forms that need to be completed and sent back. Please be sure to read and complete all necessary forms.
Last week, we learned that Mrs. McReynolds has accepted a teaching position at another school. We thank Mrs. McReynolds for her time at Holy Family and wish her the best of luck in her new endeavor. We are pleased to announce that Mrs. Sue Raffin will be serving as our new Spanish teacher. Due to Mrs. Raffin’s commitments as the Director of Religious Education at Queen of the Universe Parish, she will be working on a part-time basis, affording every class one Spanish session per week. We welcome Mrs. Raffin and know that her love of Spanish and teaching will be a wonderful benefit to our students.
Our CARES program will begin on Wednesday after school. Students attending CARES after school on Wednesday (11:30 AM) will need to bring a lunch and beverage. Please note that our CARES rates have changed. Updated CARES rates are available on our school website.
All students will need to bring a packed lunch and beverage on Thursday and Friday of this week. Our breakfast and lunch program will begin on Monday, September 12. Students who do not bring a lunch on Thursday and Friday will be contacting their parents to bring them a lunch.
We hope that everyone is ready and excited for a great school year! We praise and thank God for all his blessings and for everything we accomplish in His name this year!
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Setting Up Access to FACTS Family Portal
The email address that should be used to setup your account should be the email address that receives the weekly school newsletter. Please note that it make take a few minutes for the confirmation link to be sent to your email. If you have any questions or issues, you may reach out to Mrs. Mangapit email@example.com.
- Sep 7: Grades 1-8 First day of school, Dismissal @ 11:30 AM, PM CARES begins, *PK4 Orientation @ 6:00 PM
- Sep 8: Full Day Grades 1-8, AM CARES begins, *PK4 Orientation @ 9:00 AM, *PK3 Orientation @ 6:00 PM, *Kindergarten Orientation @ 6:00 PM
- Sep 9: *PK3 Orientation @ 9:00 AM, *Kindergarten Orientation @ 9:00 AM
- Sep 12: PK and Kindergarten's First Day of School, free Breakfast & Lunch program begins
- Sep 13: Grades 3-8 Reconciliation @ 1:00 PM
*Note: PK-K Parents only need to attend one of the two orientation sessions.
Forms to Return to School
Students will be coming home with a maroon folder on their first day of school. The Nicky folder has forms that need to be signed and returned to school. These forms are:
- Photo Release Waiver Form
- Student Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Form
- Student and Parent Electronic Device Agreement with Optional Insurance - Grades 3-8 only
- Emergency & Medical Information
- Student Dismissal Information - Grades K-8 only
- Optional Student Covid Rapid Testing Consent Form
Please return the completed forms to school by Friday, September 9 (Grades 1-8) or Wednesday, September 14 (PreK and K). We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.
October Lunch Order - Due September 11
Orders for the month of October are due by September 11. If you have indicated year-long lunch during the September order, you do not need to complete another form.
PreK families: Please select the days you will be ordering breakfast (for full-day and half-day students) and lunch (for full-day students only).
Kindergarten to 8th Grade: Breakfast will be available while supplies last. Please select the days you will be ordering hot lunch.
Order form and menus are posted on the website: https://hfrcs.org/lunch-menus
- Bus schedules are available on the school website. Please contact Mrs. JoAnn St. John firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 with any questions regarding bus transportation.
- Recently moved or changed contact numbers or email addresses? Please reach out to the school office at 215-269-9600 so we can update our records.
Car Line Procedure
Car line for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up will remain the same as last year. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding, especially during the start of the school year.
Car Line Arrival Procedure:
Cars should pull up in front of the Parish Center where you will be greeted by a staff member. Please do not park and bring your child to the front door.
Car Line Dismissal Procedure:
1. Cars will line up in the church parking lot.
2. Each family has a carline number that should be displayed on the front passenger window. Your family number will be the same as last year. New families have been assigned a number.
3. Staff member will record family numbers from right to left using the lanes in the front of the school. Cars will be dismissed individually when students have their seat belts on. Please wait for direction from a staff member before pulling out of your lane.
Here are some reminders at morning car line to help our staff:
- Please have your child(ren) exit by the right passenger side (if possible) so they can safely exit toward the sidewalk.
- Parents should stay in their vehicles at all times. We understand that the first day of school is an exciting time, but please say your goodbyes while waiting in line. We have staff ready to open doors and assist your children out of the car.
- Please have your children ready to go with their belongings (e.g. backpack, water bottles), so they do not leave anything behind.
September 7: Parent Pick-up for Bensalem & Council Rock
Busing will be available for Bristol Township, Neshaminy, and Pennsbury.
We are grateful for the time and talent of our volunteers. Volunteers must meet the Safe Environment Requirements. Clearances are renewed every 5 years and we must have the latest ones on file before volunteers can chaperone field trips or help at school events. Contact Mrs. Mangapit, Safe Environment Coordinator, for assistance email@example.com, 215-269-9600 x206.
Nurse's Office: Health Forms
All students must have current immunization records on file before the start of the school year. Specific grades have State mandated screenings (Physical for Kindergarten & 6th Grade and Dental for Kindergarten, 3rd Grade & 7th Grade). Refer to the website for more information.
Breakfast & Lunch Program
The free Breakfast & Lunch program starts on Monday, September 12. Menus are subject to change. Please refer to the website for the latest menus: https://hfrcs.org/lunch-menus. Grade 1-8 students should bring lunch on September 8 and September 9.
Nurse's Office: Health Forms
Breakfast & Lunch Program
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- Sept 16: Back to School Gift Card Bingo & Ice Cream Social. See flyer for details. Please RSVP using the signup genius link
- Nov 12: Designer Bag Bingo - Tickets are now on sale for $30/each. See flyer for details.
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
New Spiritwear coming soon! These items will be available for purchase at our Back to School Bingo and Ice Cream Social on Friday, September 16!
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Friday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Due to the Labor Day holiday yesterday, the Pot of Gold drawing will take place tonight.