Summit Virtual Academy
Weekly Update - Week of December 05, 2022
Half Way Point is Almost Here
Good afternoon, Blackhawks! There is only two and a half weeks left until winter break. This is a busy time of year, and when we return from break we will be in the home stretch for the semester. Be sure to stay focused and on top of your work. January 27 will be here before you know it. Below you will find an update of upcoming events and district school closing information. Enjoy your weekend!
Upcoming OSTC Visit
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Friday/Saturday, December 2/3 at 7PM - BHS play
- Thursday, December 15 at 7PM - BHA Performing Arts Center, Choir Holiday Concert
- Tuesday, December 20 at 7PM - BHA Performing Arts Center, Holiday Band Concert
- Thursday, December 22 - Half day of School
- Friday, December 23 - Wednesday, January 4 - School Closed for Winter Break
Food Pantry For Those in Need
Brandon School District School Closing Guidelines
Reminder of Expectations
- Expect your student to work for roughly 45-60 minutes per day, per course
- By now, you should have been reached out to by a counselor regarding your course progress. These will happen once a week. It is extremely important that you respond to communication. Please note that the student needs to respond and be in communication, not just the parent(s).
- Your main point of contact for content specific questions is your course instructor. If you need help doing so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-627-1820.
Link for elementary overview: https://e.edmentum.com/eoa-getting-started-students-parents-caregivers/
Instructional Model overview for online learning (last page has links embedded to parent orientation presentations):