August 25, 2022
$1 Dress Down Day Tomorrow
Thank You School Supplies
“Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Field Trips, Visiting on Campus, and Siblings
Some teachers are beginning to plan Fall Field Trips for their class. Don't be left out! If you think you may want to attend the field trip, you must be fingerprinted through the Diocese. The process can take 4-6 weeks. Fingerprint clearance lasts for 5 years. If you are not fingerprint cleared, please begin the process TODAY!
Unfortunately, younger siblings are not permitted to be on campus for special events and field trips. Parents who choose to volunteer on campus, or go on a field trip, will need to make alternative plans for siblings.
Thank You for sponsoring our police officer
St. Teresa of Calcutta Day
We will celebrate the St. Teresa of Calcutta Award that our school received from the Diocese of Orlando. In honor of St. Teresa of Calcutta, (Feast Day Sep. 5th) we will have a school-wide “Blessings Bags” service project. Our goal is to donate 100 “Blessing Bags” to give to children in need through the Mission in Winter Haven.
On Tuesday, September 6th, we will collect new child sized socks, towels, and boxes of individual kid friendly snacks. Bring a donation for the blessing bags and dress in blue and white for St. Teresa on September 6th.
new lunch program
If your child plans to purchase lunch at school, it is important that he/she have money on his/her lunch account. If a student has a negative balance of $20, he/she will not be permitted to purchase a school lunch that day. Rather, he/she will be given a peanut butter sandwich with a drink, and you will be charged half price for the lunch. Please see the "Resources" section of this edition of Eagle's Eye for directions on how to put money on your child's lunch account. *When setting up your child's account, two tips: (1) be sure to select St. Joseph Catholic School Winter Haven; (2) for the student identification number, use your child's AR (accelerated reader) number - call the school if your child cannot tell you his/her AR number.
Please be aware that students have the option to purchase extras. You may want to monitor this on your child's lunch account, or have a conversation with him/her. Please also know that you can put messages on your child's account, restricting the number of snacks or saying that you do not want your child to purchase snacks.
join us for mass
upcoming teacher workday
items needed for teacher meeting
Our teachers will be meeting on Friday, September 2nd for teacher professional development. Parents are invited to donate refreshments for morning hospitality for this meeting. If you would like to contribute, please sign up using the link below. Remember that parents earn one service hour for every $10 spent, when items are requested by the school. Thank you for considering. Items may be dropped off the week of August 29th.
logging parent service hours
If you have any questions regarding logging of hours, Mr. Reilly is the best person to help you. Email him at email@example.com.
Middle School Edge
Our middle school students are invited to attend a St. Joseph’s Middle School Ministry. The night’s theme is called “Art Show: Can We Know God exists?” This theme, and throughout this semester, we will be emphasizing that science and faith can work together. They are not oppositions to one another like many people think.
Come join us at 6:00 PM in the Family Life Center Room #3 for pizza, fun games, and open dialogue about the faith. For this specific night, August 31st, our middle schoolers will be challenged to create sculptures of a popular movie scene and then guess what other groups created. The purpose of this activity is for the youth to ask a creator questions about their creation, which ties into the questions they will be asking about God throughout the semester. The night will close out at 8:00 PM in prayer and with a bi-weekly challenge for the youth to accomplish!
School Mass Choir
Students in grades 3-8 are invited to sing in the choir at all school masses. In order to sing with the choir, students must attend practice the previous Tuesday from 3-3:30pm in the church. Please don't come pick your child(ren) up until 3:30 if they are staying for choir.
Church Children's Choir
The Children's Choir for our church will begin practicing at 3pm on Thursday, September 1. Jitka Cinibulk, music director from our church, coordinates this ministry. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choir with Mrs. James
Fall Sports Starting
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier