What is soil sampling?
Why should a homeowner perform soil testing?
What information does a soil test give you?
How do you correctly perform a soil test in your yard?
2. Clean materials
3. Take a composite sample from uniform area
4. Take about 10 small cores from uniform area
5. Take cores about 4" deep for lawns and 6" deep for fields
6. Mix samples and take one pint
7. Record where samples are form in drawn map
8. Mail to appropriate laboratory
9. Avoid unusual areas unless you want it to be treated
10. Get appropriate mailing equipment then send samples to agronomist division soil test lab in Raleigh for a free soil test.