JPS Week Ahead for Parents
Week of January 14 - 18, 2019
- Gr. 5/6 to Gould Lake
- enhanced student absence reporting system takes effect - please see below!
Tuesday, January 15 - Day 2
- Gr. 6 - 8 music today, bring your instrument!
- Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
Wednesday, January 16 - Day 3
- Gr. 3 (Mr. Gallagher's class) - Swim to Survive
- last Karate Kids
Thursday, January 17 - Day 4
Friday, January 18 - Day 5
- Hot Lunch: spaghetti
- Gr. 6 - 8 music switched to today for this week!
January 22 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
January 23 - Gr. 3 Swim to Survive
January 25 - Hot Lunch: jumbo meatballs
January 29 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
January 30 - Parent Night for Gr. 8 parents @ LaSalle SS (6 - 8 p.m.)
January 31 - Gr. 8s to LaSalle (a.m.)
February 1 - PA Day
February 5 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
February 8 - Hot Lunch: lasagna
February 8 - MADD presentation (a.m.) for Gr. 7-8s
February 12 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
February 13 - Gr. 7 - 8 students to LaSalle for keynote speaker
February 15 - Hot Lunch: spaghetti
February 18 - holiday (Family Day)
February 19 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
February 20 - Term 1 Reports home
February 22 - Hot Lunch: jumbo meatballs
February 26 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
February 28 - Ski Trip (Grades 6-8)
March 1 - Hot Lunch: lasagna
March 5 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
March 8 - Hot Lunch: honey garlic chicken
March 11 - 15 - March Break
It is always such a pleasure to work with these kids. They take direction extremely well on the stage and always come through with their best performance. I'm so proud of each and every one.
I think we were the only school in the world that had snow INSIDE!!!
A Few Reminders...
- please ensure our bus drop off lane stays clear in the mornings and at the end of the school day - parents/guardians can park in the lot or on the road
- please make sure end-of-day arrangements are made with your child's teacher (via a note or the agenda) and that your child knows how he/she is going home. We are finding that we are losing instructional time the last half hour of the day with having to disrupt classes to pull students out or call in with pick up information. Students are learning right up to 3:35 and if parents/guardians can wait to pick up until then, we'd appreciate it.
- if you are picking up your child(ren) at the end of the day, please ensure that they are picked up at 3:35. We don't have supervision after school.