Dixie Dragon News
Inspire Excellence in Education [August 24, 2015]
On Monday, August 24, 600+ smiling faces will walk into Dixie. Below is the video we watched last week. Remember, we are changing stories, one child at a time.
This and That
- Remember lesson plans are due on Fridays before you leave. The first week is more of a modified version based on beginning of the year routines and procedures. Please send week 2 lesson plans to your supervisor this Friday.
- Use the beginning of the year checklist to help you stay organized.
- We will focus on Habit#1for August and September: Proactive (I am in charge of myself- I choose my action, words, and attitude.)
- SafeSchools Online Training- Due October 2, 2015. Don't procrastinate!
- Tyler ISD Professional Dress Code Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdmxrZFZ_9s&feature=youtu.be
- Do you have a Twitter account? Do you know many educators around the world use Twitter to connect and learn from each other? Here is a Twitter challenge: Let's have 80% of our Dixie staff create a Twitter account and follow @dixietylerisd. Find a colleague and follow them too.
Monday, 8/24/15 First Day of School!!! (Be early to get a parking space) / Italian Ice for staff in the lounge after dismissal :-)
Tuesday, 8/18/15 Lemonade in the lounge after dismissal
Friday, 8/28/15 Post current class schedule by the glass panel and email a copy to supervisor
Tuesday, 9/1/15 Staff Meeting 3:45 p.m.
Thursday, 9/3/15 Building Re-dedication Ceremony and Open House 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Friday, 9/4/15 Substitute Folder Due
Tuesday, 9/8/2015 Team Leader Meeting 3:45 p.m. (Library)
Week of 9/14: CPAA/MAP Window
Week of 9/21: Book Fair