News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: April 12th
We are walking the journey of Holy Week, in preparation for the biggest celebration of the year for Catholics...Easter! We take this opportunity to not only reflect on Jesus' love and sacrifice for each and every one of us, but also the belief that Jesus overcame death through His sacrifice on the cross, thus granting us eternal life. This is the best gift we can ever receive. It is my hope that all of you have a wonderful Easter and that next week provides you the opportunity for some rest, relaxation, and quality time with family and friends.
Have a blessed week!
- Cascarones at 12 pm for Pre-K 4 in the Pre-K room.
- Today is a regular 3pm dismissal!
- No All School Mass
- Spirit Gear - Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Spirit Shirt or Sweatshirt and Jeans ONLY!
- Living Stations of the Cross at 11 am in the Auditorium.
- Noon dismissal today - NO EXTENDED CARE!
- No School - Easter Vacation!!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!
- Shannon Hopkins, Michael Hunt, and the Spring Fling crew!
- Lisa Blackmore, our extraordinary photographer!
Teacher/Staff Appreciation - May 2nd
- We would like to find volunteers to help during lunch, recess, nap time and during the Assembly. Please sign up through http://signup.com/go/5VYqpE or you can sign up in the office! Contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Gala - May 6th
- If you are still in need of volunteer hours, why not sign up to help out at the Gala? Volunteer opportunities are available on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th. Please see the following link to sign-up: http://signup.com/go/jBeLcu
Remember, any unfulfilled volunteer hours will be billed out to families in May!
Development Desk: Gala
The countdown to our fifth annual Gala is almost here. On Saturday, May 6th we will host our largest fundraiser of the year. We need to raise $175,000 at this event to support tuition assistance. We would love your help if you are still in need of volunteer hours. Please see the following link to sign-up: http://signup.com/go/jBeLcu Volunteer opportunities are available on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th.
In last week's communication folder, there was a flyer inviting you to the Gala. If you are not able to attend but are able to donate, please see the donation flyer or you can access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the “Donate Now” button and select “Tuition Assistance” from the drop-down menu. ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some very special donors. No donation is too small. If you are interested in sponsoring, purchasing tickets, or want to be of assistance with this event, please contact Sarah at email@example.com for more information.
Welcome, Ms. Juliet!
We have hired a wonderful teacher for the 2nd Pre-K 4 lead teacher position for next year. Her name is Juliet Quintero Ramirez and she is from Bogota, Colombia. She is a certified teacher with a background in both Pre-K and bilingual education. She speaks Spanish, English, and French, as well as some Portuguese and Italian! We are very excited to have her on staff!! She will be teaching the smaller group of 10 Pre-K 4 students, while Ms. Sonia and Ms. Patty will work with the larger group. Ms. Raquel will be joining Ms. Nuria for our second section of kindergarten. The school is growing!! How exciting!