Math Slide: Addition & Subtraction
By: Math Adventures
- 1st-2nd grade
- 1-4 players
- Addition & Subtraction
- "This app focuses on addition & subtraction number facts. To progress and succeed at math children need to be able to quickly and easily recall number facts. Math slide is a fun way to practice this key skill"
- LEVEL 1: Representing doubles & pairs to 10
- LEVEL 10: Triples of number facts: 6+5+? = 15
Critical Review of App:
- Sound doesn't play when you are actually playing the game
- Allows you to compete but doesn't keep track of how many each person earns
- Varying difficulty from 1st to 10th level
- Only lets you play 2 times with each "game" ($1.99 for upgrade)
- Each level has a timer
- Not many engaging/motivating elements besides building speed
- Lower DOK levels
- Levels 1: Recall or recognize facts
- Level 2: Make decisions as to how to approach the problem
Additions & Questions:
- Great for emphasizing students understanding of "equals"
- Pause the game after a problem to work through it as a class
- What is another way that you could solve that problem?
- How many ways can you think of to represent that equation?