The Testing Coordinator Connection
December 2021 STAAR EOC Administration
- Beginning November 29, 2021, districts may order additional paper test materials for the December administration in the Test Information Distribution Engine (TIDE). Districts should use the specific paper administration drop down in TIDE to order additional materials. All orders must be submitted by December 1, 2021.
Test Administrator Training Sessions
- All recommended training sessions for test administrators on test security and testing procedures must be completed by December 3, 2021.
- The General Instructions for Administering Braille Interim Assessments document, the General Instructions for Transcribing Griddable Questions document, and reference materials can be downloaded and printed as needed prior to the administration of the assessment. These materials are available in the General Resources section of TIDE.
Online Testing Information
- Beginning December 6, 2021, districts will have the ability to set score codes under the Appeals/Score Code module in TIDE. Score codes for online testers must be indicated in TIDE by December 17, 2021.
- Student test tickets for the December 2021 STAAR administration are available for printing through TIDE and must be provided to students testing online.
December 7- December 10: Paper and Online Testing
ENG I- December 7, makeups December 8, 9, and 10 only
ENG II- December 9, makeups December 10 only
A district may request to test students in two groups (across two consecutive days) for English I and English II by completing the Test Date Change Notice. All eligible submissions will be considered approved upon receipt but may be subject to further review by TEA.
December 13-December 17: Online Testing Only for Algebra I, U.S. History, and Biology
December 14: Deadline to ship all scorable materials.
December 17: Deadline to enter in all demographic information for December testers and ship nonscorable materials.
STAAR End-Of-Course Test Administrator Manual
- Note: You only need enough manuals for December testing. You will be sent more TA manuals for the spring.
Mark Your Calendar!
Upcoming Deadlines for Spring TELPAS
- November 5th - December 3rd
- Districts Submit Student Registration and Test Attribute Information in TIDE.
As applicable, the number of students registered in TIDE at the end of this window will be used to determine quantities of paper test materials delivered in a district’s shipment.
- December 3rd
- Initial Order Window Closes
Due date for confirming paper test material quantities and shipping addresses in TIDE.
Upcoming Deadlines for April STAAR EOC
- December 13th - January 7th
- Districts Submit OOS and OOD Test Sites
Window for districts to register each participating Out-of-School (OOS) and Out-of-District (OOD) test site via the test site registration form.
Spring STAAR Alternate 2 Materials
- Initial Order Materials List Available in TIDE
Materials lists are dynamic, and show the quantities of test materials a district is scheduled to receive in the initial shipment based on initial student registrations in TIDE. They are posted by campus and district level.
Upload Additional Student Fields
Beginning December 3, 2021, the Upload Additional Student Fields file in TIDE will include more student demographic fields. This will help users to update specific fields for students and not have to use the student registration file upload where all fields must be populated.
The Upload Additional Student Fields file now includes all the fields below:
Additional Updates to the DCCR
Additional updates have been made to the 2021–2022 District and Campus Coordinator Resources.
Refer to the What’s New page for a list of updates, which include:
- The STAAR Accessibility Educator Guide for the 2021–2022 school year
- A new Special Administration Request form
- A new Locally Determined Disciplinary Action (LDDA) form, and
- Information about receiving Confidential Student Labels
Texas Formative Assessment Resource (TFAR)
- Beginning December 3, 2021, users will be able to select the new TFAR Teacher Authored Test option in the Plan and Manage Testing page in TIDE to view the participation report for TFAR.
The following training opportunities are now available in the Learning Management System:
- Paper Management: Preparing for Paper Administration (recorded presentation)
- Paper Management: Returning Materials (recorded presentation)
- Data Cleanup Overview (PowerPoint presentation)
The following recorded training webinars are available in the Learning Management System (LMS). In addition to the recording, the original PowerPoint presentations are available.
2021-2022 Education Service Center Testing Coordinator Training:
- Section I - Student Assessment Updates
Section II - Assessments for Special Populations
Section III - Test Security
Section IV - Test Administration Procedures Overview
Section V - Key Reminders for a Successful Test Administration
2021 Fall Updates STAAR Alternate 2, TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate TETN