Duveneck Staff Bulletin
August 31 - September 4, 2020
Dear Teachers and Staff,
- To begin, I cannot thank all of you enough for the amount of work, professionalism and positive energy you have put into these first two weeks of school. The feedback I am receiving from the community is positive and they are very pleased with their children's distance learning program. I am proud of you and so grateful to be part of your team.
- ATTENDANCE: The issue with taking attendance has been fixed by the district. Each block has its own check box now and it should be much easier to make the necessary marks. Now is the time to start getting into the habit of taking attendance and recording that attendance in IC for each academic block you are teaching. Beth needs to ensure that the required 4 blocks of instructional time are accounted for in her records. Attendance is a very big deal and the state is holding schools to strict protocols on its record-keeping to track student accountability and engagement.
- ZOOM INVITES FOR BTSN: Please make sure to record your zoom invitation for BTSN in this Google doc, Zoom Meeting Invitations for BTSN
- PICTURE OF YOU! Thank you to the teachers who have already sent me their photos that I will include in my Back to School Night presentation. I really need your photo ASAP because BTSN is next Tuesday.
- PICTURE OF YOU TOO! I would also like to get pictures of our classified staff so please send me your pictures too!
Have a wonderful weekend,
*Tuesday, September 1: Back to School Night
- General Meeting: 5:00 - 5:25 PM
- Grades TK-2 Meetings: 5:30 - 6:15 PM
- Grades 3-5 Meetings: 6:30 - 7:15 PM
*Friday, September 4: Minimum Day
Per the 2020-21 School Year Calendar, we have a minimum day coming up on Friday, September 4th. The TK, Young 5's and Kindergarten schedules will remain as-is. Students, Grades 1-5, will not have a Lunch Block and instead, Block 3 will be 10:50am - 12:00pm.
All staff and students end their day at 12:00pm on September 4th.
*Wednesday, September 16: Staff Meeting, 2:00-3:00 PM
Meeting ID: 960 5622 3282