CWES Staff News
Weekk of Jan 18, 2016 #Ibelieveinyou
Keeping you in the Know.
I hope everyone had a wonderful LONG weekend. It was so nice to be able to sleep in an extra day. I am still getting used to the early hours. Wow, I'm getting old!
- Staffing update- we are in the process of gathering candidates for our 2nd grade special education opening, Hopefully we will be successful soon in our search. Thank you 2nd grade for your patience and thank you for Karen Smith for being a wonderful substitute!
- Danielle Iodice's last day will be 1/20. She will be missed and we wish her the very best! Thank you Danielle for being such a wonderful teacher for your students. We will take care of them for you.
During the Annual Review of Cogburn Woods ES School Nutrition Program
- Manager Jan and the Cogburn Woods Café team do a great job preparing and serving meals to students. Food looks great, procedures are followed and records are kept as required. Way to go to this first class team!
- Tuesday we will have Redbird Training during our faculty meeting. Please be on time; 3pm.
- Testing continues: STAR, ACCESS begins and Staff Surveys finish this week. Thank you for your support with the schedules.
- 4th grade will have an In-house field trip this week.
- 3rd grade says that their In-house field trip last week was so fun and a great success.
- Hope to see you on Thursday night at Chick Fila or Friday night at BINGO!
Have a super-great short week!!
Your Big Heart!
THANK YOU,THANK YOU for your generousity with our family who suffered from a horrific fire last week. We donated approx. 700+$ in cash and gift cards. The donations of items are still be accepted and will be housed here at the school until they can use them. A special thank you to Monica, Anabel and PTO for organizing and meeting with the families. Updates as we get them will be shared.
Duty days and personal days
Please make sure you get approval by me either through an email or in person for these days. As the year closed in, I have to be aware of sub budget and how many people are off each day since it could be difficult to secure subs this spring. Thank you in advance. Then don't forget to put it EE and then CASE.
Baby in the House and Welcome
As you know, Dionne Esaw had her beautiful baby girl Hannah on 1/11. What a memorable photos this will be.
I would also like to officially welcome Mrs. House and Mrs. Brooks back with the CWES staff until Dionne returns. As you know they will be job sharing.
Your Big Heart!
Duty days and personal days
Personalized Learning update....where are we in this process?
Last Thursday a group of us (myself, Anita, Michael, Allison R and Sharon) went to learn about the process our school will start as we roll into Personalized Learning. it is not about the device but it is really about:
Personalized Learning environments engages students and motivates them to:
- Think critically
- Problem solve
- Manage information
- Collaborate Effectively
- Take responsibility for individual learning and behavior
- Inquiry based learning opportunities
- the effective use of data
- Mentoring and guiding
- Using new technologies
CWES teachers are already engaged in all these practices. Stations and Workshops and DI.
WE will ALL be working together to plan, educate with information and trainings for everyone. The plan is not to roll devices to teacher teams until training and communication is developed and implemented. Most likely devices will be in classrooms a year from now but as early as the Fall. Knowing that everyone is at a different level of PL understanding, we will get feedback form you.
Please know I will communicate every step of the way so your readiness level will be comfortable.
Below are 2 videos to give a bit more clarity.... or so I hope.
I promise, more info to come in the next few months.
Speaking of Tech....
Kindergarten comes for an office visit. We fit all 22 of them in my office :)
My schedule this week:
Monday 1/18- No School
Tuesday 1/19- Katie Reeves meeting 9:30 at Northwestern Middle School
Wednesday 1/20- New Principals meet- out all day
Thursday 1/21- in all day
Friday 1/22- IST interviews- out all day
Please feel free to keep this number in your phone so if you ever need to get in contact with me you can by calling or texting me. Obviously this is confidential and should be used by staff only.
- Budget presentation to Leadership by LG and BV
- Feedback from my survey and teacher meetings.... where to go from here
- More Personalized Learning info
- School Governance updates: we will get more info on 1/25 regarding our seed fund proposal.
- In house Teacher Intent form
- Committee for new Staff Handbook and Expectations
- Meet and Greet Parent coffee with the new principal: dates to be announced soon.
- Media Center furniture is being ordered by PTO... continued media center updates.
- Pictures and staff celebration in the staff news, send me some if you would like. :)