FWHMS Family Newsletter
Connecting Families to School - September 2018
FWHMS Communication and Happenings
Our website is the main hub of information. The following is key information you will find:
- Daily Intercom Announcements
- Monthly School Calendar
- Homework Page
- Monthly Family Newsletter Links
- After-school Program Information/Registration
- BMR Athletes Information/Registration Details
- Staff names and emails
OneCall will be used in the following ways:
For Emergency only - such as unplanned early dismissals or information on an emergency in the building. They will be sent after 3:30 pm and end before 8 pm.
Roboemails - On Tuesdays and Fridays only (as needed)
For standard communication - such as portal access to progress reports, report card distribution, the monthly newsletter release, registration information for sports/after-school clubs, field trip information, and other information as needed. The emails may be by whole school or by grade level depending on the communication needs.
Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
We use all our social media to share special happenings after they have happened so that families can see what we are doing. You can find us on all platforms at @fwhms2003
After-School Program Online Sign-up - First Come, First Serve
Fall Club programs will run from September 12th to November 30th. No clubs will meet during the week of Thanksgiving. Registration will begin on September 11th. The link will be emailed using OneCall.
After-School Program Fundraiser
These funds help run our fall, winter, and spring clubs. The more money raised then the more clubs we are able to offer.
Please see my letter and the packet that will be going home on the 7th for more details. Thank you for your support!
Pay Online for School Lunch
You can view the account balance, see what was purchased, and schedule automatic payments if you wish.
Calendar of Events
Monday, September 3rd
- No School - Labor Day
- Full Year After-school Extracurricular Clubs Sign up link emailed home via OneCall
- Go Green Day - Wear Green to show support for Energy Saving
- National Grid Fundraiser Begins
- All summer work (ELA and math) is due to your teachers
Tuesday, September 11th
- Fall Clubs Registration - link will be emailed via OneCall
Monday, September 17th
- Fall Clubs Begin
- 5 pm - School Council Meeting - Main office conference room
- 6 pm - PTO Meeting - Lobby conference room
Tuesday, September 18th
- 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm - Meet the Teacher Night
Wednesday, September 19th
- 6th grade school pictures
Thursday, September 20th
- 7th grade school pictures
Friday, September 21st
- 8th grade school pictures
Friday, September 28th
- National Grid Fundraiser Ends - All orders are due in the main office.
Be sure to visit our school web site to view our school events calendar.
ABC's of Student Success
Attendance is a critical factor for any child's school success. It is impossible to replace the learning that happens on any school day with make-up work. Regular attendance and promptness are good habits that are expected at all levels of school and in the workplace. This year commit to excellence in attendance.
- Set a regular time each day for doing homework. That time should be free of distractions such as television and phone calls.
- Be sure your child has a place that is quiet and well lit. You could make a homework station in order to make sure all the needed supplies are available.
- Consistently review your child's homework and agenda during homework time.
School-wide Ongoing Fundraisers
BoxTops - You can find the tops on participating products. Cut out the top and have your child bring it to school. We earn 10 cents for each top collected. Visit www.boxtops4education.com for a listing of products.
Stop & Shop A Plus Program - Register your rewards card to help us earn $$. Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus to register online USE SCHOOL ID: 07080 or dial 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone.
Amazon - Please click here to shop on Amazon.com. A small percentage of what you purchase will go to the Hartnett Middle School PTO to help support field trips, assemblies, special events, and after school programming. It is the same Amazon.com you may use, with a small percentage supporting middle school students.