The Spark Newsletter
August 13, 2021
Welcome to Leaman Jr High
What to expect at Student Orientation
- to walk the school and locate your classes (schedules will be available via Skyward)
- find the cafeteria, gyms, art classes, band and choir, plus theatre
- meet your principals and teachers
- learn about the various activities and clubs at Leaman
- Pick up Pre-Ordered school supplies
Before the 1st day of School
- Beginning of the year forms (available in Skyward only) (see details below)
- For Major Sports students - have you completed your Rank One profile & turned in your physical?
- All Incoming 7th Graders - updated immunization records (see details below from the nurse)
- School Hours: 8:15am to 3:40pm.
- For those who require early arrival, the building opens at 7:30am.
- You may enter via the main front door and proceed to the cafeteria
- Students’ Schedules:
Students go to the Gym. The Large Competition Gym will be for 8th grade only and the Small Competition Gym will be for 7th grade only. Students pick up their schedule. There are 2 different colors of schedules for the two different grades. 7th grade will be YELLOW and 8th grade will be ORANGE. They must give a COLORED schedule to every teacher throughout the first day of school so everyone knows it’s accurate. If a counselor does schedule changes, they will also reprint their schedule on colored paper.
*8th grade students will be dismissed all at one time. 7th grade will be walked to their 1st period class by their 1st period teacher from the Small Gym.
- Transportation: If your student will be using district transportation, please visit the LCISD Find My Bus page to get detailed route information. https://www.lcisd.org/students-parents/find-my-bus-school
- Beginning of the Year Forms: Please be sure to complete your student’s Beginning of the Year forms that can be found in his/her Skyward account.
- Lunches from Home: For those students bringing a lunch from home, please be aware that, per district sanitation guidelines, microwaves will be available for use.
- Lunch Deliveries: Leaman does not accept 3rd party lunch delivers for students. No DoorDash, UberEats. GrubHub or any other type of pizza or food delivery. Only family members can deliver lunch to their student. Lunches are left at the front office with the student's name and grade. Please do not deliver fountain drinks, bottled drinks only.
Nicole Smith - Girls Athletic Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Kids First - Individual Accident - Only Insurance for Students
August 19th - Meet the Chargers
August 23rd - First Day of School!
Aug 23-27 - Football Equipment Pick Up
August 25th - Volleyball Tryouts Begin
August 30th - Football Practice Begins
September 6th - Student/Staff Holiday
September 24th - Student/Staff Holiday
October 1st - End of 1st 6 Weeks