The Stingray Sentinel
News for the Families of Duval Charter School at Southside
Monday, February 2.08
It's almost time for the Super Bowl of education - the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). It's a time to show what we know and show off all of the great skills we've acquired this school year. Our 4th-7th graders kick us off by taking their writing assessment on Monday, February 29, with 3rd grade readers to follow on March 30.
Come to the FSA information night this Thursday at 6pm for more information on the state assessment!
Duval Charter School at Southside
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- Tuesday, 2/9 - National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony (7th grade inductees and families)
- Wednesday, 2/10 - Early Release
- Thursday, 2/11 - Parent Teacher Council, 8:15am and 6:00pm.
- Thursday, 2/11 - FSA Parent night coupled with PTC at 6:00pm
- Thursday, 2/11 - McDonald's Fundraiser Night, 5pm-7pm - Part of the sales go back to the school!
- Saturday, 2/13 - Regional Science Fair, registration at 9:30, DCSS Hosting!
- Saturday, 2/27 - Daddy-Daughter Dance!
Daddy-Daughter Dance Coming Up!
The Daddy-Daughter dance is for any of the dads/someone special in our lives - Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, or other Guardians. Moms - if you want to volunteer the event, we will need your help. Again, be on the look out for more info coming soon.
NOTE: Dont' worry moms, we'll have a Mother-Son Outing in May!
More Easy Volunteer Opportunities
Refer a family to one of our Enrollment Information Sessions for the 16-17 school year, and get 1 volunteer hour! No limit to the number of families you refer. Once the family confirms they attended a session, simply log your hour - it's a simple as that!
- Thursday, February 18: 9:30am or 6:00 pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Saturday, February 27: 10:00am, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Thursday, March 31: 9:30am or 6:00 pm, refer a family, you get 1 hour!
- Saturday, April 16: 10:00am, refer a family, you get 1 hour!