Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
January 15, 2021
Odds and Ends
- January 18, 2021-NO SCHOOL
- January 19-deadline to order for Mr. Campbell's fundraiser (See below)
- January 20, 2021-NO SCHOOL (No virtual work either)
- January 20, 2021-Berwick Taste of Italy Fundraiser-pick up 4-5:30 p.m.
- January 22, 2021-Pay to Play second payment due
- Just a reminder, students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Free Meals on Virtual Days, Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting, Virtual Attendance.
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
Student Council Fundraiser for Chick Campbell Memorial
What's Going On in PAW Time?
Students in PAW Time are focusing on Digital Citizenship this week. Our 8th Graders lesson this week discussed creating and managing your Digital Footprint. 7th Graders focused on Cyberbullying. As our students continue to grow and mature, it is important to teach and develop the skills necessary for a healthy and safe online presence. You are welcome to click on the links above to view the supporting videos and then use the linked resources for the applicable lesson to engage with your student(s) concerning this information. Additional resources for families: Commonsensemedia.org, Overview of Digital Citizenship, StopBullying.gov, Tips for Digital Footprint
Students in 7th grade social studies started their Botvin Lifeskills lessons this week. Botvin lifeskills is a 3 year research based program that focuses on raising awareness and building skills to prevent at-risk behaviors. Our 7th graders began this program last year in the 6th grade. We are excited to continue supporting our students and helping them develop healthy habits.
You Are Invited to be a Part of our Equity and Inclusivity Advisory Group
Our students will be engaging in lessons around how to respond to events and things outside of our control, how to be a good digital citizen, implicit bias, and how we can all work together to influence the best outcome for ourselves and our community. As an administrative team we are reaching out to you as parents/guardians to work together in helping us promote inclusivity and appreciation for all community members. If you have an interest in being an active part of this conversation, please fill out the google form here and an administrator will follow up with you with more details.
NEW! Virtual Attendance Emails
- Winter Sports P2P second payment due 1/22/21
Girls lacrosse conditioning is every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30 PM in the field house.
If girls want information or have questions they can email: email@example.com
- Girls Softball registration on Final Forms is now open.
Parents, you are able to sign up for ALL SEASON's sports online. This will enable you to start receiving communications from the coach/program when anything is going on. Winter sports are starting some open gym workouts at this time.If you sign up now, you will receive all the necessary instructions for registration / physicals / communication from the coach prior to the start of the season. Visit Pickeringtontigers.net and click on "Final Forms" to register your athlete today. Also remember your athlete needs a current OHSAA physical on file. All athletic announcements and updates can be found at the website as well.
Sign Up for Meals on Virtual Days
The deadline is every Monday by 10am. FREE for ALL students
An important reminder: Please sign up weekly as this helps control food waste and monitor inventory levels.
The ODE Child Nutrition Department announced that all meals are free through June 2021! If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link below to sign up. Remember that you need to do this every week.
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB
Please read this important information on how your child needs to submit his or her attendance on virtual learning days.