Principal's Corner #19
~Taken from You are a Badass Every Day
Please be mindful that IOWA begins Wednesday, Jan. 9, and that Amy will be testing students in her classroom from 12:15-2:45 Wednesday-Friday this week. Thank you.
Updates from the Science Liaison Meeting
We have begun the evaluation process to select a common resource which will align to the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards in Science (NGSS)
A Science Advisory Team has been assembled to support the evaluation process and pilot a new resource.
The EQuIP Rubric which is nationally recognized as an evaluation tool is being used to vette a new curriculum.
All contending vendors were required to submit an Request for Proposal and to be considered, the resource must be:
Aligned to 2020 Colorado Academic Standards in Science (NGSS)
Hands-on, kit based units
Decision on vendor/resource to pilot is expected by the end of January 2019
K-8 Pilot will be conducted in the Fall of 2019- Science Advisory Team will be piloting unit(s)
Decision on vendor/resource to purchase is expected by January 2020
Implementation begins Fall 2020 (Implementation schedule to come)
Furthermore, a review of the district resources for 5th Grade Human Growth and Development will occur at the beginning of next year.
Use the form below to sign up for a PST Pre-Referral Meeting
Please see the updated meeting schedule below. We will review it at our Rams staff meeting this week.
- Monday, January 7: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, January 7, 8:00-12:00: Emergenetics is coming to COT
- Wednesday, January 9: Staff Meeting 3:00-3:40
- Wednesday, January 9: Katie out in the morning
- Tuesday, January 12: Katie and Ashley out in the morning
- Thursday, January 17: Katie and Ashley out in the morning
- Thursday, January 17: PAC Meeting, 6-7pm Innovation Space
- Friday, January 18: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Wednesday, January 23: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Thursday, January 24: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Tuesday, January 29: SpEd Collaboration Day, Conference Room during planning
- Wednesday, January 30: District PASS Meeting 6:00pm at CCHS
- Friday, January 1: Jump Rope for Heart Assembly at 1:30pm