Polar Vortex PD 2019
Choose Your Own Professional Learning Adventure!
Explore the Possibilities of Educational Technology!
Alternatively, try working your way through the Apple Teacher modules for Macs or iPads. We'd like to see NSCDS faculty explore these as part of self-directed professional learning within the next several months.
Listen to a Podcast Episode
- The Daily - a news podcast from the NY Times
Read Free iBooks Created by Educators
Learn a new skill or learn about innovative practices in various schools.
- Avenues: The World School - Avenues
- Barrington 220 One to the World - Barrington School District 220
- Hillbrook School - Hillbrook
- Innovation in Schools - Apple
- The K-3 Literacy Project - Kurt Klynen and Others
- Maker-Centered Design with the iPad - Joshua Wood
- Using Clips in the Foreign Language Classroom - Rachel Smith
- Using Keynote to Explore Math Relationships Visually - Cathy Yenca
Join a Live Twitterchat
On Tuesday, January 29th at 7 PM from 6-7 PM CT, LitWorld, Kwame Alexander, and Kate Messner are co-hosting a Twitter chat to celebrate World Read Aloud Day which takes place on Friday, February 1. Search on Twitter for the hashtag #GetLoudReadAloud to see the conversation. #WRAD is the hashtag for World Read Aloud Day.
Immerse Yourself in Google Arts & Culture
Here are a few interesting collections from Google: