Mia, Miguel, Tre'
- Auschwitz opened in 1940
- The largest of the Nazi camp
- Located in southern Poland
- At first it was a detention center for political prisoners
- Over 1 million people were killed
- When they arrived they were examined by Nazi doctors, if they were unfit to work (young children, elderly, and pregnant women) they would be sent to gas chambers.
- In 1945 it closed
A lot of people died from overworking, disease, or bad nutrition. Some prisoners were experimented on by Josef Mengele. On January 27, 1945 the Soviet Army came to Auschwitz they found 7600 detainees that had been left behind. They also found mountains of corpses, clothes, shoes and human hair that had been shaved before people had went into the gas chambers.