WRLHS NEWS 01/06/2020
Mr. Jerry Jiter, Principal
The mission of Wolf River Lutheran High School is to provide a quality, Bible-based, Christian high school education which will prepare students to attain their life goals and to lead productive Christian lives in an ever-changing world under God’s grace in Jesus Christ.
NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, JANUARY 20th!
IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!
Wolf River Lutheran High School will be starting a "Little Eagles" club. This is a basketball club for children in 5K through 3rd grade. It will be held at Wolf River Lutheran High School on the following dates (so mark your calendars):
- Saturday, January 25th
- Saturday, February 1st
- Saturday, February 8th
- MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10th - Little Eagles will play between the high school games
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- 2nd & 3rd Grade: 10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Registration Fee is $25.00
Registration Forms and Fee are due on or before January 10th! Registration forms may be picked up at the WRLHS school office, or click on the Little Eagles link at the bottom of this page.
The Little Eagles will be scrimmaging during the WRLHS home basketball game on Monday, February 10th. All Little Eagles will receive a t-shirt and free admittance to the basketball game.
FOR MORE INFORMATION - CALL 715-745-2400.
Wednesday mornings are Chapel time at Wolf River Lutheran High School. This year Chapel is led mostly by pastors from one of our eleven association congregations, other supporting pastors, and sometimes staff members. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend our Chapel services.
This week Chapel will be led by Pastor Shoup of St. Paul (Bonduel). Our next Chapel will be held on Wednesday, January 15th and will be led by Pastor Paholke of Mount Olive (Suring).
Chapel begins at 9:35 a.m. in the Commons and ends about 10:10 a.m. We hope you will stop in and join us!
Just a reminder that our Chapel offerings go towards the "Do Something" campaign. Just $2.50 a week from your student helps us meet our monthly goal!
The Wolf River Lutheran High School Board of Directors will host two (2) Open Meetings for public input. These meetings are designed for parents to voice their opinions, provide information, or suggest possible Agenda items.
- The second Open Meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in the Commons at Wolf River Lutheran High School.
Have you made your tuition payment this month? If not, please try to do so as soon as possible. If you are having problems making this payment, please do not hesitate to contact the school office to see if we can help.
ASH WEDNESDAY INFORMATON
WRLHS WISH LIST
- Tuition Scholarship Fund - Any Amount
- The average family monthly tuition payment is $450 per month
- Example: a donation of $450 helps one family make one monthly payment
- Example: a donation of $1800 will help four families make one monthly payment
- Welch/Allyn or Braun ear thermometer for office use - approximately $40-$50
- Roll of stamps for office use
- (5) Ice Melt salt for sidewalks
- Large Diameter & Small Diameter Hot Glue Sticks
- (12) Inking Brayers - $12.50 each
- (12) Linoleum Cutter Sets - $9.55 each set
- (4) Block Printing Ink (1 black, 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green) - $13.70 per ink color
- (50) Soft Kut Printing Blocks (4"x 6") - $1.57 each
- 10-20 Books in Spanish at Various Reading Levels (office will order)
- Flip Chart & Tripod (contact office)
- Flip Chart Paper (contact office)
- Plaster of Paris
- Eye Goggles for Protection
- (6) Wood Carving Sets - $50-$70 each set
- (4) hgmi cables
- 3D Printer for Tech Class - $200
- WWII Film Series (in color) - contact Mr. Berkesch
- Hand Sanitizer (small and large bottles)
- Liquid Soap - large bottles for filling bathrooms & locker rooms
- Staple Gun & Staples
- (10) Metal Whistles with rubber caps
- Any weightlifting equipment - contact Mr. Berkesch
- Lysol Wipes
- Microscope & slides for Biology class - contact Mr. Beversdorf
- Books for Mr. Kramer's class:
- The Life of Pi
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Catherine Called Birdy
- The Scarlet Letter
- To Kill a Mocking Bird
- The Twelfth Night
- The Taming of the Shrew
- The Good Earth
Thank you everyone for everything you do for us!!
WRLHS CALENDAR UPDATES
- 7th & 8th Grade Lock-In - Friday, February 28th - Saturday, February 29th
- WRLHS Annual Trivia Event - Sunday, March 15th
- Prom has been changed to Saturday, May 2nd
And don't forget about these important dates:
- National Lutheran Schools Week - January 27th - 31st
- Luther Lympics - Thursday, January 30th
- Sunday, February 16th - WRLHS Spaghetti Dinner
- Thursday, March 12th - Parent/Teacher Conferences