Oak Ridge War Eagles Class of 2020
My Last Senior Newsletter
This is the last senior newsletter I plan to send. Thank you for your patience and the respect you showed me and my staff during this time. We have tried to honor and celebrate your seniors as best as we could - and hopefully give them some memories along the way.
Tomorrow is pick up for graduation tickets. The schedule and times are below. If you are unable to come Friday, you can pick them up on Monday as well. Please read below for details.
Graduation is Wednesday, June 3. There will be two ceremonies. Please read the letter below for detailed information. There are also graphics that show parking and gate entrances. We are looking forward to the event.
It has been an honor to serve you and your students as the Principal of Oak Ridge High School this year. The Class of 2020 will always hold a special place in my heart.
Go War Eagles!
Graduation Ticket Pick-UP
In order to pick up your tickets you must have the following with you:
1. Your student ID or your license
2. You must be clear from the hold list. If you owe any items they can be dropped off when you pick up your tickets. If you cannot find your items - you can pay the replacement cost to be cleared from the hold list. Contact your Assistant Principal for more details.
Parents can pick up your tickets for you - but they must be on your contact list and have their ID with them as well.
If you are unable to come on Friday - we will be available for pick up on Monday at the Senior Campus bus ramp for the morning graduation (A-J) and Student Entrance for the evening graduation (K-Z). Pick up will go from 9am-3pm at both locations.
Turning in Textbooks and Clearing Holds
Textbooks and Chromebooks can be turned into the front office this week and next from 9am-3pm - Tuesday through Friday. You can also turn in any library books at this time as well.
If you had a hold on your account you were emailed on Friday. Your AP can help you if you are unsure what you owe. Please log onto https://conroeisd.schoolcashonline.com/ to see if you have a financial hold on your account.
Contact your student's AP with any questions.
Graduation - Updated
1. Stadium seats are allowed but must not exceed 17” wide x 13” deep
2. Guests will not be allowed to move closer to take pictures. Flash photography will take 2 pictures of each graduate. The ceremony is also being recorded and a flash drive will be available for purchase in June. Ceremonies will also be available on CISD YouTube.
Here is the link for the 8am Ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXXE-FEibYI&feature=youtu.be
Here is the link for the 8pm Ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAMyu-Sxa0&feature=youtu.be
3. Infants and lap children will be required to remain in the adults’ lap during the ceremony so that social distancing can be maintained.
Q: Can I have extra seats? No. Every graduate is limited to four tickets - excluding the graduate.
Q: Are tickets open seating? All tickets are assigned. There is no open seating or moving seats.
Q: Will there be accommodated seating for people who need it? Yes. We will have plenty of accommodated seating. We do not expect to run out of accommodated seating and we will ensure that we can accommodate all needs at the ceremony.
Q: Can I bring a cooler or Ice chest? No. Please limit the size of the bag you bring into the stadium to a purse or smaller if possible. Larger bags will be subject to search.
Q: When will students receive diplomas? They will receive diplomas on June 5, 2020.
Graduation Parking Map
Yearbooks are sold out and the waiting list is full. If you have further questions please email Sarah Ellison at email@example.com