January 5th, 2016
Holiday Research Projects
Winter Class Party - Thank you to our room mom and volunteers! :)
Some other moments from the week....
- 3x5 Index Cards
- Pencils (preferably pre-sharpened)
- Hand sanitizer
What is ISTEP?
Please note: If you have questions about these tests or their content, please visit the Parent Portal link in the "Important Information" section below.
Our Focus this Week
Math Fact Change
· Reading & Writing Workshop: What do we know about poetry? What emotions are illustrated through poetry? What words do authors use to show, not tell how the speaker is feeling
· Spelling: Suffixes -less and -ful
· Math Workshop: Geometry - What are polygons? What are points, parallel lines, etc.? - We will no longer be doing the Monday/Wednesday page as well as the Friday weekly check. This will allow for more problem-solving and math fact practice time.
· Science: How do simple machines help people do work?
Math: Please continue to review old skills with your child within addition and subtraction. Without practice, students will get "rusty" when performing multi-digit addition and subtraction.
Reading: Work with your child to make a goal for reading at home this semester. Students could aim for a certain number of minutes each day, or he/she could choose to count books or pages.
Try out MobyMax by going to https://www.mobymax.com/signin and entering the log in information students brought home in the front covers of their agendas!
Volunteering in our Classroom
-Reading with Students
-Helping with a Clerical Task
-Talking to Students about your Work Skills or Hobbies
-Being an Expert who Teaches us a Lesson during a Science or Social Studies Unit
then please contact me through firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work to find an available date for you to come in. We love learning from our volunteers!
Please order books online through the link below. Our classroom code is L9MT8. Thank you!
What's Going on Here at Cumberland Road Elementary School?
Lunch Visits and Background Checks
For more information on background checks and the anti-bullying webinar, please visit: