Wren Elementary ---September 28, 2015
We have completed PALS assessments and will return to our normal group rotation schedule this week. I look forward to conferencing with you about your child's assessment and progress so far this year. I will be e-mailing you this week to schedule appointments for conferences. Conference day is October 30. As the weather gets cooler, please practice putting on and taking off jackets/sweaters with your child. They become very frustrated when they can't do it themselves :).
- Captain of the Week is Lilly M . Way to go, Lilly!
- Our class earned popsicles this week with a full popcorn jar! Everyone enjoyed them. Our next goal is to play on the "big" playground.
- Thank you for ordering Scholastic books for your child. I sent home books on Friday and we'll be sending home another flyer on Thursday, 10/1.
- On October 22, our class will be taking a field trip to May-Lan Tree Plantation to visit the pumpkin patch. Letters and information will come home on Tuesday. We look forward to this special time with your children. Hopefully, some of you can join us. The information for how to be a chaperone will also be in the field trip information.
- I will be working with students on learning their birthdays (day/month). Please help your child at home, in the car, etc. to be able to say his/her birthday.
- We are changing our sensory table this week. We will be putting fall items such as leaves, acorns, mini pumpkins, etc. in this area. If your child would like to bring in some items to add, we'd love it!
- The temperatures are getting cooler and that usually means a light sweater or jacket. At this time of year, we encourage you to leave a light jacket/sweater in your child's backpack. Temperatures change often and we go outside every day that the weather permits. Also, sometimes our classroom is cooler than your child may like it. Don't forget to make sure your child's name is on all things you send to school!
- This week, we learned about apples with the Scholastic Big World magazine. Here is the link for you to do this at home with your child. The password is catsteak702. http://clifford.scholastic.com/