Final Exam Information/Last Week!
It is hard to believe the semester is almost over! It has been a pleasure getting to know each of you and working with such a great group of students. My hope is that everyone will put forth their best effort and finish STRONG!
I want to encourage you to take a moment to log into either your student or parent/facilitator account and check grades. Grades were updated last night and reflect the most up-to-date grade average in class. If any assignments from the May 1st due date are missing, students may submit these assignments for a late penalty no later than midnight on Tuesday, May 5th. It is important to remember that missing assignments accrue a late penalty of 10% per day and no submissions can be accepted after the midnight deadline on Tuesday, May 5th.
Class Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/benhd
Important end of semester reminders:
1. Students who are taking the AP exam should have contacted the AP Coordinator at their school to register (home-school students were required to call the College Board directly).
2. Students will need to enter an online provider code on their AP exam answer sheet. The GaVS online provider code is 033.
3. The final exam opens on May 6th at 12:01 AM
and closes on May 7th at 11:59 PM.
Note: ALL Students are required to take the Final Exam within their GAVS course(s).
4. The final exam counts 20% of the final course average.
5. Students will not be able to access their GAVS courses after Friday, May 8th.
6. Grades will be available to students and parents through the student portal on May 14th. Select "grades" link from the sidebar menu. Select Term, Spring 2015. Select Get Grades.
The end of the semester is a very hectic time, especially for seniors. Remember, I am here to help!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dana A. Bauries, M.S.
Department Coordinator and Master Teacher, Social Studies
Georgia Virtual School
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Stay updated about GaVLTwitter/ Facebook/ Pinterest/ YouTube
Follow me on Twitter @MrsBauries