The Basics Of Digital Literacy
An Infographic For Seniors
What are the Main Hardware Components of a Computer?
- The CPU (Central Processing Unit) is the brains of a computer
- The Motherboard is the main circuit board and includes a CPU memory and input/ouput connectors
- The main memory of the computer which stores data
- A hard disk drive that stores and retrieves data from discs you insert into your computer
Examples of Softwares On Computers
- Softwares are programs that can be downloaded on computers.
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint (office softwares)
- AVG Antivirus, McAfee, Avast (antivirus softwares)
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox (web browser softwares)
- ITunes, Audacity, Media Monkey (video and audio softwares
Examples/Types of Peripherals
Types of Peripherals
- Input Devices: For example mouse, keyboard
- Output Devices: For example monitor, printer
- Storage Devices: For example hard drive, flash drive
Peripheral devices can be external or internal.
External: For example a printer that you can connect using a cable
Internal: For example an optical disc drive that is located in the computer case