Mavericks Team Update
May 5, 2016
Field Trip Tomorrow to the College Basketball Experience
Parents, please take note of all of the information below:
- The trip is from 10 AM - 2 PM. (Students will attend their 1st and 2nd hours as usual, then will go to 3rd hour; we will load busses from there)
- If your student did not turn in money for pizza at the time that they turned in the permission slip or they did not mark that the school cafeteria will need to provide them with a sack lunch, please make sure your student remembers to bring a sack lunch!
- IMPORTANT: Attire: Students need to wear athletic clothing and tennis shoes.
- Tight shorts/short shorts, spandex shoerts/pants (including volleyball shorts), tank tops/low cut shirts, and sandals shouldn't be worn. The students will be active during the trip and students will still need to follow school dress code.
- There is no way to lock up or have anyone look after belongings, thus students are highly discouraged from bringing a bag. Cell phones and wallets should be left at school or, preferably, at home.
Upcoming Dates (I will send out times in the next email after I confirm them)
May 11 - Worlds of Fun Rennaissance Trip - Leave EGMS at 8:30 am, return approximately 5:15 pm.
May 13 – 8th Grade Party
May 20 – Final Day of School
Today we are finishing taking the MAP test!
Additional Resources and Links
E-Campus (Blackboard) Username - student lunch number, password- student's birthdate (MMDDYYY)
I-Ready The I-Ready program provides students with lessons and assessments to strengthen their knowledge Math and ELA concepts. The Math and ELA teachers use this program in class frequently, and will use the students' scores on the assessments that follow the lessons in their grade books. We strongly encourage students working on lessons at home if possible. The student username is the student's ID #@nkcschools.org (email@example.com, for example) and the password is the student's birthdate (MMDDYYYY).
PowerSchool Be sure to sign up for a Parent Portal account! From this account you can view student's grades and attendance. Don't have a parent portal account?
Scholastic Scholastic Reading Clubs allow parents and students to order book and other items at an affordable price. If you use Mrs. Goodwin's classroom code, N8ZDY , when you check out, you earn free books for the ELA classroom! Want to write a check? That's fine! Simply write the check to Scholastic and turn it into Mrs. Goodwin. Monthly paper catalogues are available in Mrs. Goodwin's room as well.