VCS East Hawk Talk
In-person students should be at school every day unless they are sick or quarantined. It is very difficult to plan for students when they are expected at school but then stay home for the day and login. Thank you for your support and understanding on this matter.
Attendance in every class every day is essential for your child's academic growth. Please make sure to call the front desk at 303-338-4110 when your child will be or has been absent from class. You will receive an automated phone call in the evening if your child was absent from any classes throughout the day if you do not call in to notify us of the absence. You may email teachers to get make up work, but call the front desk, as well.
Staff Appreciation Week, 5/3-5/7
- Monday, 5/3: Write your teacher(s) a small note, email, poem, or card
- Tuesday, 5/4: Wear your favorite staff member's favorite color.
- Wednesday, 5/5: Build, draw, pick, or purchase flowers for your teacher(s)
- Thursday, 5/6: Bring in a sweet treat for your teacher(s).
- Friday, 5/7: Bring a gift card for your teacher(s).
- Please send your child with a doubled layered mask every day. If possible, please send a backup as there are many times where they need to switch out their mask.
- Remind your child to keep their mask pulled up over their nose.
Planning for 2021-2022
Front Desk: 303-338-4110
Last Day of School
Remote Student Material Drop Off, Wednesday, 5/26, 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Chromebook Return/Possible Fees
Remote Students Chromebook Return
- Remote students will return their materials on Wednesday, 5/26.
- All VCS Chromebooks and chargers should also be returned on that day.
In-Person Students Chromebook Return
- On Thursday, 5/27, in-person students will return their Chromebooks.
Guidelines and Expectations
- Students do not need to return headphones.
- Please walk your child through a basic cleaning of these devices prior to their collection. Here are your Chromebook cleaning guidelines:
- Make sure the device is turned off
- Use the Chlorox/Lysol wipes
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the wipes before wiping down the devices. This prevents the extra liquid from penetrating the device interior.
- Wipe down the outside, inside (keyboard and mouse)
- Remove any gunky areas of stuck-on residue
- Remove any stickers and their residue (other than the white asset tag)
- Return the charger
Please note that there will be a charge for any damage done to the Chromebook. This includes damage from personalizing (stickers, engraving, etc.).
2021-2022 Remote Learning Option Survey
Innovation Learning Summer Program
Resources from the School Health Professionals
Nicole Nina, Social Worker
Shequeeta Hazard, Social Worker
Katie Buckman, RN
FREE Vaccine Clinic for Students
We are excited that all Coloradans ages 16 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Aurora Public Schools is partnering with STRIDE Community Health Clinic to host a FREE vaccination clinic for our families. The clinic will be open to individuals ages 16 and older.
Friday, May 7
Hinkley High School Parking Lot
1250 Chambers Rd.
Aurora, CO 80011
You do NOT need to be a U.S. citizen to receive a vaccine. Providers cannot require ID before offering you a vaccine. Also, state and local public health agencies will NEVER share your information for any immigration or law enforcement purposes.
Vaccines are free of charge and will be provided by appointment only. Please register and make your appointment at the link below. You will need to register each individual in your family separately. STRIDE staff may ask you for ID and proof of insurance. However, you do not need to provide an ID or proof of insurance to receive a vaccine.
Register Here: https://links.stride.mycareally.health/sQoL
- Everyone signing up must be at least 16 years old by the date of the COVID vaccination. Anyone 16 or 17 years old must arrive with a parent or legal guardian in order to be vaccinated.
- Upon submitting the registration information, an automated email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will include a link to sign up for the UC Health Portal at www.uchealth.org/access-my-health-connection. We encourage everyone registering for a vaccination to also sign up for this portal. However, signing up for the UC Health Portal is not required.
- STRIDE will be offering the Pfizer vaccine only. Two doses are required at least 21 days (three weeks) apart. Once you get your first Pfizer vaccine, you will be automatically scheduled for your second dose three weeks later at the same time and place. Please note that you are considered 95% protected against COVID-19 infection two weeks after your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
PREPARING FOR THE VACCINE
This is a drive-through event. Everyone should remain in their cars throughout the vaccination process. However, if you are registered for the event and are taking public transportation, you can walk up to be vaccinated.
- STRIDE staff may ask you for ID and proof of insurance. However, you do not need to provide an ID or proof of insurance to receive a vaccine.
- Eat something and drink some fluids prior to arrival for your vaccination.
- Wear a t-shirt or top that allows for easy access to your upper arm without having to remove clothing.
Have you moved, changed your phone number, or would like to add/remove people who can pick up your child?
Front Desk: 303-338-4110
Click the pdf below to download our 2021-2022 calendar.
Are you having tech issues?
Our team will work to resolve your issues in a timely manner.
VCS East Events
Graduating Seniors Family Meeting
Thursday, May 6th, 5:30pm
This is an online event.
Staff Appreciation Week
Monday, May 3rd, 7:45am to Friday, May 7th, 3:30pm
Monday, May 3rd, 8am-2:30pm
Saturday, May 15th, 6-8:30pm
VCS Board Meeting
Thursday, May 20th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
High School Graduation
Monday, May 24th, 6pm
- Limited to 5 family members only
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for friends and family unable to attend in person.