Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
July 24, 2019
We have not gone out of business, I have just been on vacation in the east, visiting.
I do not know where you were on 9/11. I was watching the news while getting ready for work when the second plane hit.
On this trip I finally got to visit the Trade Center Memorial. I was awed both by the massive destruction, and by the patriotism and hope, as I came to the end.
I discovered some items that touched me. One that touched me most, was a note on a slate board "Dear Tana, I love you, Daddy." Even near the end of his life, he thought of his child.
While standing in front of that artifact, I realized how powerful love can be. This helped me as I traveled through a room full of almost 3000 pictures of those who, having awakened that morning and ended the day in heaven.
"So we have faith, hope and love, the but the greatest of these is love."
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—1st Wednesday each month
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile