100 No's Challenge ends February 4, 2013
(What started out as simple blog post, has now become a Movement!
This technique and challenge is guaranteed to increase your income and help re-frame how you view rejection instantly! No longer will you feel uncomfortable when you get a “No,” now you’ll celebrate it!
Before you’re even done with the “100 No’s Challenge” you’ll start to notice that:
- You’re no longer scared of rejection and you look forward to getting it!
- You’re turning into a fearless prospecting machine!
- You’re no longer intimidated about talking to people you once were scared to approach!
- No’s seem to bounce off you like bullets off Superman’s chest!
- You’re enjoying yourself and your business a whole lot more!
- Your comfort zone has stretched wider and faster than you ever imagined!
- You have a new fun, non-threatening approach to contact people you were previously afraid to call!
- Your activity is going through the roof and you have more prospects “in play” than ever before!
- More people are interested in your opportunity and are saying “Yes” than you had expected!
- Prospects will know that you are genuinely unconcerned if they’re not interested, and that gives you a position of strength that creates a natural “take-away” attitude. This no pressure approach is irresistible. Your prospects will listen with interest and many will say “Yes”!
Before we get to the “100 No’s Challenge” there are a few things you should know.
Every top producer in any sales related company will tell you that everything you do in your sales process earns you money, and you can’t get to a “Yes” without going through several “No’s”.
Most people don’t like to hear the word “No” as it conjures up feelings of personal rejection and is associated with a loss of income. This is a completely invalid association. Let me first debunk these two common myths, and then give you a few tools, and the 100 No’s challenge details, so you can start right away to change your mindset and business immediately.
Myth Number 1. When someone says “No” they’re rejecting you.
When someone says “No” to you, they’re not really rejecting you, but your offer or opportunity. In many cases a prospect’s “No” doesn’t mean “No, I’m not interested, or, am never going to buy or join,” but may mean “Not now” or maybe “Know” As in, “I don’t ‘KNOW’ enough to say Yes yet, try another angle”.
Either way, don’t beat yourself up about it. Don’t allow someone’s lack of value perception affect you personally. It’s kind of like the time your sweetheart broke up with you and used the cliche’ break up line: “It’s not you, it’s me!” (HahahHa!) I know, I know, that was corny comedy, but it’s just like that, and because it’s corny, you’ll remember it and chuckle the next time someone tells you “No.” You’ll know they really just said, “It’s not you, it’s me!”
Myth Number 2. You only get paid for getting a “Yes.”
Most people in sales falsely think that you only get paid when you get a “Yes” to close the deal. This is totally inaccurate backwards thinking. You don’t get paid for getting a Yes anymore than a salaried employee gets a weekly paycheck for what he or she did on that payday. The payday is always based on all the activity of the preceding week!
The incorrect assumption that sales people only get paid for hearing the word “Yes” to “close someone” is why so many people fear going into sales, and why so many have “approach anxiety.” Approach anxiety and nervousness exists because people focus on whether a prospect says Yes or No. The truth is, it doesn’t matter what they say because you get paid either way! Let me explain.
In sales, although it seems like you only get rewarded and paid on the final step of your sales process (The Close) you really don’t. The final “Yes” is the natural progression of the preceding steps of your sales process. If you had missed any one crucial step such as ‘Approaching or Prospecting that person’ or ‘Following up on them’ you never would’ve gotten that final “Yes” and that final commission. Every step in your sales process earns you money including the “No’s” you had to go through to get to that eventual “Yes.”
Wow, what a revolutionary way to look at getting “No’s!”
Remember the sky's the limit.. dream BIG!
Brittani Hoffman Team Leader