Swartz Creek Registration
Information and Forms
Central Student Registration Information and Requirements
Swartz Creek Community Schools has a centralized student registration process. Registration is held at the Administration Building located at 8354 Cappy Lane between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. Please call 810-591-2300 to schedule your appointment for registration.
Please bring the following documentation to enroll your child in Swartz Creek Community Schools
Due to reporting requirements, students will not be allowed to start school until all documentation is on file.
Completed registration packet
Student’s certified birth certificate
Proof of immunizations
Parent or Guardian’s drivers license or Michigan I.D. with the correct address
Proof of residency –one of the following:
Ø lease agreement
Ø mortgage statement
Ø tax bill,
Ø or a current utility statement
Legal guardianship or custody paperwork
Special Education IEP- if applicable
High school students- please bring a transcript from previous school and exit grades if enrolling during the school year.
This document contains information about kindergarten registration.
This packet contains general registration information and all the forms that you need to register your child for kindergarten.
105/105c State Schools of Choice
Swartz Creek Community Schools participate in the State of Michigan's 105 & 105C School of Choice Program. We also have an in-district elementary school of choice program.
105/105c State Schools of Choice for the 2014-2015 School Year
Swartz Creek Community Schools will begin taking applications for the upcoming 2015‐2016 school year, May 1‐August 15, 2015. 105/105c State Schools of Choice applications are for students who live outside of the Swartz Creek Community School district and wish to attend Swartz Creek Community Schools.
Applications will be available on the SC website starting May 1, 2015 or at the Swartz Creek Community Schools Administration building located at 8354 Cappy Lane. Parents will be required to submit a discipline report for the past two school years (if applicable) before applications can be reviewed for acceptance. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Vanderlip, (810) 591‐2385.
SC Schools Mission, Vision & Beliefs
MISSION: Swartz Creek Community Schools inspires our learners to embrace challenges, set goals, grow their talents, and realize their dreams for success in a global society.
VISION: Swartz Creek Community Schools provides a world class education through innovative experiences while developing the unique talents of our learners.
- We believe in a culture of learning.
- We believe that student learning should be the primary goal for all decisions made affecting the school district.
- We believe the climate and culture of the school is engaging, nurturing, challenging, and inspires students to express their personal ideas.
- We believe curriculum is integrated, differentiated, meaningful, and pertinent to life.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21st Century.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe expanding technologies enrich how teachers teach and students learn.
- We believe in building relationships and sharing resources with our community, parents, and staff members.