The News Flash
Florence Township School District -- 2020-21 -- #11
What's Happening in FTSD
October 19-30: Riverfront Book Fair
October 26-30: "Red Ribbon Week" Activities
October 30: FTMHS AP Testing Fees Due
November 3: Remote Learning Only - school buildings closed to students
November 5 & 6: NO SCHOOL -- NJEA Convention
Another Great Week at FTSD...
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT -- Weekly Health Forms
Starting Monday, October 26th, we will revise our daily health form practice and only require students to submit one form for the week. This form will must be submitted the first day your child's cohort returns to the building, in most cases, it will be Monday. The form's submission certifies the following:
- your child is not displaying any symptoms that indicate a possible illness that may decrease the student's ability to learn and also put them at risk of spreading illness to others;
- your child has not been in close contact or potential exposure with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 (this includes travel to areas identified on the New Jersey travel advisory list).
If your child is sick or showing any symptoms throughout the week, please keep your child home, have them participate virtually, and contact the school nurse to let them know of their illness.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL REMINDER -- FOR NOVEMBER 3RD
Following NJ Executive Order 177, schools shall be closed to in-person instruction on Tuesday, November 3, 2020; however, daily instruction will occur virtually.
To provide some form of consistency for our students and staff will maintain the hybrid schedule. This schedule will be in place for all days until further notice.
Exciting News -- Don't Miss Out
The USDA has extended the District's ability to distribute FREE MEALS TO ALL FLORENCE SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021!
Additionally, to support our FTSD families, we are offering free meals for weekends. If you would like your child(ren) to receive a daily or weekend program for breakfast & lunches, you MUST sign up in advance by clicking on the "Virtual Breakfast/Lunch" tab on the school district website www.florence.k12.nj.us. THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT EACH WEEK IF YOUR CHILD IS TO RECEIVE BREAKFAST/LUNCH!
For further questions/information please contact Gail Wolsh at Gail.Wolsch@sodexo.com or 609-499-4600 x2185.
HELP US HELP OTHERS IN OUR COMMUNITY
Super Shout out to our Nurses & Maintenance Staff
Don't Miss Our Band
The FTMHS Marching Band will perform on October 27, 2020 from 5:00-5:15 pm on the HS football field for a 15-minute Band Performance. This will be open to the public! No fees will be charged--just a "canned good" donation for the food drive. The rain date will be October 29.
Governor's Educator of the Year
Do you know a FTSD classroom teacher or educational services professional who is dedicated, inspiring, and making a difference? If so, please take the time to recommend this person for the Governor's Educator of the Year Award by completing a nomination form and submit it no later than November 13th. You can nominate someone by clicking on the link below.
ROEBLING SCHOOL CELEBRATES RED RIBBON WEEK
FTMHS Homecoming/Spirit Week
Stay Safe & Healthy
Remember as the weather changes and our NJ numbers increase, we must always do our part. Please be mindful of proper care to remain safe and protected at all times! Wear a mask. Follow social distancing. Wash your hands. Always be smart! Here is some of the latest information from the NJ Dept of Health:
- There has been an increase in transmission associated with gatherings, especially tumbling. As the weather turns cooler, a reminder that indoor gatherings should be limited to immediate household members. As people plan for holidays and celebrations, limit the number of close relatives and friends and plan parties outdoors around a fire pit or patio heater.
- If you plan on traveling over the holidays please remember that there are currently 38 states on the travel advisory list. Anyone leaving NJ to travel to a state on the travel advisory list should quarantine for 14 days upon returning to NJ.
National Drug Take Back Day
This Saturday, October 24, the Burlington County Health Department will be hosting "Take Back Day" from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 9.9 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet. The DEA’s Take Back Day events provide an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths.
The following are a list of Take Back sites in Burlington County:
- MOUNT HOLLY TWP MUNICIPAL BLDG
- PALMYRA POLICE DEPT
- DELRAN TWP. POLICE DEPARTMENT
- LUMBERTON TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPT
- MOUNT LAUREL WALMART SUPERCENTER
- WILLINGBORO TWP POLICE STATION
- BORDENTOWN TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT
- BURLINGTON TWP POLICE DEPT
- FLORENCE TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL COMPLEX
Talk Saves Lives: An Introduction to Suicide Prevention
October 29, 2020
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm