It's Tech Tuesday!
May 17, 2016
Motivating students as school comes to a close with Arcademics
Looking for ideas to keep students engaged as the school year comes to a close? Mr. Patschke encourgages you to try these out:
- Multiplayer Edu-Games: Online gaming is a great way to motivate students - they can play and keep up on their math facts and language skills. Race with Grand Prix Multiplication or try any of our other games.
- Class vs. Class Contest: Challenge a peer classroom to a game assignment using Arcademics Plus - the class earning the most points in a time period wins.
- Beat the Teacher: Join multiplayer games with your students and compete against them. Put your game on a projector or whiteboard and give a prize to whoever can beat you.
For more ideas, check out ways teachers are using Arcademics.
How to insert word art into Google Docs
- In your Google Doc, go to Insert > Drawing.
- Go to Actions > Word Art.
- In the text box that pops up, enter in the text you’d like to work on.
- Format the text as you wish, whether it’s changing the fill color, outline color, etc.
- Hit “Save & Close” to insert the Word Art into your document.
Watch the short video clip to see how it's done:
Who Doesn't love a free TV?
FREE 32" Samsung TV* (a $319.99 value) when you buy a select PC $699.99+. Plus, PCs come with one year Accidental Damage Service* included.
Get 5% back in rewards* with Dell Advantage Rewards. Plus free second business day shipping*. Join for free online. Shop today at dell.com/dell4education.
Member ID: US29306985
Fun Tech Facts part I
Here are some interesting tech facts from websitemagazine.com:
- On eBay, there is an average of $680 worth of transactions every second.
- 91% of all adults ahve their mobile phone within arm's reach every hour of every day.
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet and 4 billion of them use a mobile phone. Only 3.5 billion of them use a toothbrush!
- Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and Apple were all started in a garage.
- 25% of Americans use only a mobile device to use the Internet.
- There are 271 million mobile subscribers in the United States alone, and the numbers are quickly growing.
- 220 million tons of old computers and other technology devices are trashed in the United States each year.
- 90% of text messages are read within three minutes of being delivered.
- 30 million individuals watch television programming from their mobile phones.
- The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, sent 250,000 emails, instant messages, and text messages, and has spent 10,000 hours on a mobile phone alone.
More in next week's Tech Tuesday, the last Tech Tuesday for the 2015-16 school year!